Welcome to my campaign headquarters.

Options
_John_
_John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1140573-mfp-is-looking-for-volunteer-moderators

Please, go vote for me.

I am intelligent, fair, honest, fairly moderate politically, my nutritional beliefs and knowledge are researched and well founded, I have years of experience wasting time on forums, and you all know me.

So vote _John_, the name you know, the name you trust.

Replies

• SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    What's in it for me?
  • _John_
    Options
    a chance of open board redemption under your current username?
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Okay, but you have to make me a mod here.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Will you free my people?
  • _John_
    Options
    my answers to your tough questions:

Be Active in the Community Check
    *Help ensure that our community guidelines are followed by reviewing and responding to abuse reports. as I have pretty lax time constraints at my job I will strive to also read the context of thread in which abuse reports were made
    *As a forum moderator, you'll have to step into situations where emotions are running high and tempers are flaring, and figure out how to diffuse them. It's a difficult job that requires a delicate hand. I am extremely calm, levelheaded, and rational in difficult situations. Having also been all over the fitness map in my life, I can empathize with a variety of posters to help better manage emotions in such information. My role as forum jester also prepares me for dealing with such issues in chat chat forums
    * Help welcome new members to the site. I am an extremely light hearted and welcoming individual
    * Help alert us if there are any major technical questions or problems that seem to be going unanswered. I personally use the iphone app and a PC, and as an active member I am tuned in to complaints and suggetions that typically arise from members
    * Help collect feedback and suggestions about ways we can improve the site. I love this place and want to continue my interactions here, so this of upmost importance to me to help this site move forward.
    * Participate regularly in the “Mods Only” forum to report problem users, discuss issues in the forums, share insights and feedback and work together with your fellow moderators my experience posting in other boards will help pool ideas I see that have worked elsewhere and be relatale to this unique community

Are you:
    • Active in the MyFitnessPal Community? > 300 post per month in various boards here
    • Have at least 500 posts? prior to changing usernames under good standing, easily
    • Do not have a history of warnings or strikes?all communities have users whose sole purpose is to toe the lines of decency. Yes, a forum jokester I sometimes test these lines myself, but I believe experience on the battlefield only aids in the applicability of my decision making
    • Interested in volunteering time and effort to help ensure that MyFitnessPal is a safe, friendly, supportive community? I already do that in some capacity
  • Cliffslosinit
    Options

just because she is gorgeous...you make her a mod!!
  • _John_
    Options

you have no power over me...she would kill me if I didn't comply...
  • Cliffslosinit
    Options

I will no argue that one bit!! Muffin is a killer!
  • catneon
    catneon Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    IDK, I may need some more convincing arguments...
    cash-envelope.jpg
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options

I will no argue that one bit!! Muffin is a killer!

The best way to keep your friends is to scare them into never leaving you.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    IDK, I may need some more convincing arguments...
    cash-envelope.jpg
    +1