Protein?

Options
Heya, just a quick question re protein..

I'm in the process of doing a recomp, and I try to make sure I get at least somewhere between 90g and 100g of protein daily. I don't know my LBM, but my weight is around 103, so I'm hoping that estimate is close enough XD lol.

Anyways, my question is..I do like to have one day a week where I don't worry about hitting my protein and usually have a lot more carbs instead (yay for ihop/dunkin donuts sundays! lol) and my protein probably falls closer to being in the 50s or 60s on that day..so if I continue doing my carb party sundays, would I be hindering my progress in any way? Just curious.

Replies

• pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Personally I look at my weekly averages. So if those are ok, I wouldn't sweat it.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    You will be fine as long as it's not a more frequent average. I agree with watching your weekly average. You're not obese so go by the 1g/lb of BW and aim to hit that or a little above each day. I have a day each week I call a IDGAF and I eat what I want and don't track macros; it's mentally refreshing.
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I agree with the IDGAF days to be a nice mental break. I don't really schedule them, but when they happen for me...it's usually on the weekends :)
    When you know that 6/7 days are pretty spot on for your goals, that 1/7 days is totally fine and good, mentally.