Hi...running and breastfeeding

I'm a mom of 6 (yes, that many!), the youngest being 7 months old. I've always had supply issues, but this time I'm doing better. I run also, and am back up to 14 miles a week. I will be getting to a base of 20 miles hopefully, and then training for a half in May.

For now, I've gotten 1590 for daily calories, and I added 400 for nursing. Baby is on some solids. She wasn't interested initially.

I'm curious if this is too much or not enough...at the risk of asking a question that might be asked a lot

Replies

• Curious about this also....I am a mom to 8 with the youngest being 2 months. I have my calories set for 1800 and am slowly upping mileage to 20 per week and working towards a full marathon next summer. I have skinny babies to begin with and want to ensure this little one gets enough.
  • lj3jones
    lj3jones Posts: 94 Member
    I'm a mom of 6 (yes, that many!), the youngest being 7 months old. I've always had supply issues, but this time I'm doing better. I run also, and am back up to 14 miles a week. I will be getting to a base of 20 miles hopefully, and then training for a half in May.

For now, I've gotten 1590 for daily calories, and I added 400 for nursing. Baby is on some solids. She wasn't interested initially.

I'm curious if this is too much or not enough...at the risk of asking a question that might be asked a lot

did you just join? I set my nursing calories to 500 per day, a 1 pound per week loss and eat back most of my excersize calories. I have been losing pretty steadily for 3 weeks since I joined. so far I'm less than 10 mpw, but also trying to get on my trainer a couple of times a week (I'm a triathlete).

eta - I see you have been on since oct 2010, I would think that if your supply is good, keep doing what you are doing.