JUST STARTED STRONGLIFTS

Options
i just completed a 12 week program (progressive lifting 5 days per week - diff body part each day) - decided to give stroglifts a try - hey why not , i got nothing but time and weight to lose ! did my first work out this morning and it went very well .... my ONLY concern are my arms - specifically my triceps - i have "bat wings" that need to go !! have any of you altered the program to include body parts that you felt were not addressed in the program ??? i'm thinking i'll do biceps/triceps & hiit on the treadmil on tues & thursdays .....have you added abs ? what kind of cardio are you guys doing ??

Replies

• zanyzana
    zanyzana Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I've found that my bat wings are reducing or firming as I've continued with the program. Ultimately, they're connected to the rest of the muscles that help stabilise the bar in squats and push and pull the bar in OHP, deadlifts and bench, so they are not being ignored. If you wanted to chuck in some bodyweight dips at the end of the session, it shouldn't hurt,though. I'm planning on doing these on my off day (just haven't gotten around to it yet!)
  • MissFuchsia
    MissFuchsia Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I find that bench press really works my triceps. Especially as I'm lifting heavier. I'm not doing anything cardio at the moment as I don't enjoy it. I do yoga and some core work in addition to stronglifts.
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I've found that my bat wings are reducing or firming as I've continued with the program. Ultimately, they're connected to the rest of the muscles that help stabilise the bar in squats and push and pull the bar in OHP, deadlifts and bench, so they are not being ignored. If you wanted to chuck in some bodyweight dips at the end of the session, it shouldn't hurt,though. I'm planning on doing these on my off day (just haven't gotten around to it yet!)

Agree. You could also throw in some pushups. Maybe use them as a finisher. As for cardio, I walk, do walk/run intervals, sprints, ride a bike. :)