Short Girls! What are your Weight Loss goals?

Options
Nierikah
Nierikah Posts: 22 Member
Hello everyone! I'm 5'1" (on a good day) and I always enjoy talking to other shorties about what their weight loss goals are and where they are at. Its just difficult to compare to a taller friend when their body composition and proportions are so different!

Replies

• SlinkyAndHerAmazingBunsOfSteel
    Options
    I'm 5ft 2 (also on a good day!). I started at 191lbs :blushing: I'm 141lbs at the moment and my goal weight is 130lbs, I have a large frame. :smile:
  • Nierikah
    Options
    Hello Slinky!

I started out almost to the pound your weight, dropped to 118... now I'm back up to 156. *Sigh* Its been 2 years of trying to recover all the work I did. I think 130 sounds like a really good goal. Are you doing anything specific?
  • celtgirl9
    Options
    Hi there, im 151cm which is 5ft1cm lol, im 142 at mo and hoping to get near the 126 mark, i have a medium frame and carry weight quite well, well to a point, high waisted and have a 29"leg, i find if i do a high cardio workout it works best for me as my metabolism is slow, i cannot diet, though i do try to eat sensibly, but have a weakness for carbs, exercise for me is the way forward, have a great day :)
  • tegalicious
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am 5'3" and started out at 155. I am now down to 115 and am at goal weight! I have a medium frame but I don't carry weight well as I have a high waist and all my weight goes to my belly.
  • twl900
    twl900 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm 5'0" and started off at 169lbs, and now I'm currently at 136lbs. I've been overweight my entire life so I have no idea how my body looks like at a normal weight, but I'm aiming to get down to 110lbs for now.

I wish my body was better proportioned. My weight goes straight to my face, chest, and stomach. I have skinny legs and a really flat butt. I'm hoping getting down to a normal weight will even my body out a bit.
  • NyteMirage
    NyteMirage Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" (all day every day! LOL) and when I started out at 211.6 on 11/1/12 (when I recommitted to the MFP lifestyle) I had set a goal of 140 lbs. That would get me to a BMI under 25. I'm getting close to that goal now. I'm 148.4. I plan on getting to 140 and then re-evaluating eveything. I think I want to get down to 130 lbs if possible.
  • slip_sliding_away
    Options
    Hi ladies,

I'm new here and I saw this group and thought it was perfect for me! I call myself "fun sized" and I'm almost 5'1. Right now I'm 138 and my goal is 115. I was down to 127 but I got sick and couldn't work out for almost 6 months so I lost some of my hard work. :-(
  • Catiejoy27
    Catiejoy27 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 4 foot 9 and 3/4 inches
    Weight charts say I should be 90 something pounds
    I am started at 190, am now 167, goal weight is 137lbs
  • 53welshlady
    53welshlady Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    5ft 4 here and started at 149 lbs, aiming for 120 - 125 eventually. I've gone lower before, but have found it difficult to maintain with a desk job. Face legs arms etc all look OK - it is all centred around my middle so I look chunky at the moment and for the first time in my life (I'm 60) I have discovered that I fall into the overweight range for BMI - so not happy :(
  • Nierikah
    Options
    A common theme I've noticed with us short ladies is that we seem to carry our weight straight on the belly and hips right away. Something that is a big problem when you don't have a long torso at all!

I love looking at before/afters and progress pictures from others. It keeps me motivated, but beyond that, I am always fascinated by how to ladies of the same weight can look COMPLETELY different.

I am shooting for 110 pounds, but I may be alright with 120 if I have some good muscle on me.
  • GoobertozTakoz
    GoobertozTakoz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11" and my staring weight was 149. My goal is to get down to 100 pounds but I'd be okay with 110. Most of my weight tends to go to my hips and thighs which annoys me, but hopefully I can shrink them somewhat.
  • SlinkyAndHerAmazingBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Hello Slinky!

I started out almost to the pound your weight, dropped to 118... now I'm back up to 156. *Sigh* Its been 2 years of trying to recover all the work I did. I think 130 sounds like a really good goal. Are you doing anything specific?
    It's taken me 2 years to slowly and surely lose this 50lb and keep it off! I go to the gym 2x a week to do cardio and weights. I just started lifting weights 3 weeks ago. I try to burn about 800-900 cals on those days.The rest of the week, I do dvds etc trying to burn about 400+ cals a day... I've also just done my first 2 Insanity workouts (well 24/40 minutes of one...I got dizzy and had to stop...they are BRUTAL!)
  • NyteMirage
    NyteMirage Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I lost a lot of weight in 2005 and was down to 140 lbs. I fit into a size 10. I mainly carry my weight in my hips/thighs/butt. I was pear shaped. But when I recently got over 200 pounds I started to get it around the middle. And that’s where I’ve lost it first too, but not as good as I did in 2005. I still have that muffin top going on that I need to work on, but I noticed that this time around since I am exercising I fit into a different size. In 2005 I was 140 in a size 10. And now I’m 147.8 (as of this morning) and I can fit into a size 8. I didn’t exercise in 2005. I just dieted. So there is something to be said about exercise! In 2005 I was skinny fat! HAHA! I will continue to exercise and tone up everything.
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    I found this group yesterday!! I am 5'2. My highest weight ever which is my starting weight was 212. I am currently at 184. My goal weight right now is 150. I carry my weight proportionately so I will be curious to see how I look at 150. I might decide to go lower, just depends on how I feel when I get there. My doc says that 150 is a great goal for me.
  • Nierikah
    Options
    Welcome AprilMae!

150 sounds like a great first goal. I tend to make my goals too far reaching and get discouraged. I suppose its all about the baby steps.
  • dennshah01
    dennshah01 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am close to 5' 3", and I started at 187 lbs. I still have quite some weight to go, but I am losing it slowly and safely. My goal is 130 lbs, which was my initial weight before I went back to college and gained 50+ lbs. I have a small frame, so I think 120 would be ideal, but I am not sure if my body will go that low. I guess we will see!
  • REBECCASMIGIEL07
    Options
    Hi I'm rebecca I'm 4'11'' i am currently 161 my goal is 120
  • PinkkCamel
    PinkkCamel Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm 149cm/ 4'11" and currently 49kg/108 pounds (48.8kg to be exact :p). I'm not really sure what my goal is but I just wanna keep going until I see some improvements in my stomach area! (:
  • dizzylizzy213
    dizzylizzy213 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 currently 134 lbs and my goal is 115.
  • Keke1968
    Keke1968 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am 158cm/ 5.2 feet, started at 154 pounds / 70kg. I am currently at 143 pounds / 65 kg. My goal is 132 pounds / 60 kg. Will check if I am happy while there.