Scheduled for Surgery 12/12/13

Options
CTR823PA
CTR823PA Posts: 2 Member
I am so excited! My surgery for my VSG is scheduled for Dec. 12, just two short weeks away. I am looking forward to being a member of this message board and am trying to get as many viewpoints of the surgery and life afterwards as I can. :smile:

Replies

• BoysMommaX4
    BoysMommaX4 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congrats! The one piece of advice I want to give is to bring chapstick. It will help when you are not able to have anything to drink that first day.
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Best of luck! I was sleeved in July. I'm very happy with my decision.
  • MrsGriffin0729
    MrsGriffin0729 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting your date. I am exactly 3 months post-op today and it has been by far the best decision I have ever made!
  • therejohn
    therejohn Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I was sleeved on 5/28/13. If you had asked me 3 days post op, I would have told you it was the biggest mistake ever, however, within a week I was feeling better and now, months out, I have no regrets. The first couple of weeks will be challenging, but keep your eye on the future. It's all worth it and this group has a TON of supportive and helpful members.
  • zigkib
    Options
    Best thing I ever did! Congrats! 8 lbs from goal and almost a year out! It will be Work and it does take time to adjust, but you will be so happy!!!!