stech marks lotions

Options
Probably this topic has been up 1000+++ times.....

BUT as a 1st time mom, I'm very concern about the stretch marks.... I know genetics has A LOT to do with it... but what kind of lotions do you think help out the best?

Replies

• BunBun85
    BunBun85 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I think, none will help out at all. It's all genetics and how quickly you gain the weight.
  • kristineevans12
    Options
    Lotions make your skin feel nice but won't help sorry x
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I'm using Burt's Bees Belly Butter. I don't particularly think that it will prevent me from getting stretch marks, but I figure that keeping my skin moisturized while it's stretching definitely won't hurt - and may make the stretching more comfortable! So far, no stretch marks. My mom has a roadmap on her belly after having 4 kids so I have no illusions that this will be the magic balm to prevent it, though :happy:
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Not sure anything works 100%. Either you've got really elastic skin or you don't! I'm up 23 lbs (having the kid in 5 days!) and have way more than my cousin who gained over 60 lbs.

I was using baby oil in the shower for the longest time, because if felt nice.
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I used Palmer's with my first, gained 52 pounds and didn't have a stretch mark. I'm using it with baby #2 with the hopes that I'll get the same results, sans gaining 52 pounds!