What are you having?

Options
2»

Replies

• tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    i'm having a boy! we had our 20 week u/s on the 30th and had the tech put the gender results in a sealed envelope, which we opened with family and friends at midnight for new years! it was so fun! everyone was so excited as we were counting down the hours during the day until we could open it.

it's really starting to hit me since i can now call the baby "he" and "him" instead of "it". it also seemed a lot more real to me today when i went with a friend to register for gifts for my upcoming baby shower. it seems like the time is flying by now! so crazy! also... the task of picking a name out with my husband is pretty daunting!
  • Mindochka
    Mindochka Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    We are also having a boy!! We have two little girls at home already so this has been quite the change for us! I know what you mean about saying "he" and "him". It took me quite awhile not to say "she" and "her".
  • stephysd
    stephysd Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    @Tartsul & Mindochka - I agree with you both spending the first half calling it just 'the baby' and even now knowing that I can personalize the name I still default to 'baby. We have two boys and our little one is a girl. I am trying to get better about calling her by her name, because I don't want my sons to call her Baby Lena after she is born. We called my niece 'Baby Norah' the whole time my sister was pregnant with her and to this day two years later she is still Baby Norah. Poor dear will probably never grow out of being called a baby by her older cousins!
  • KimberlyTG2
    KimberlyTG2 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    We found out right before Christmas that we are having another boy! I think others were disappointed. But I think its perfect. I think the novelty of getting to buy girl stuff and dress her in all that pink would have been fun for a min. But really a boy just fits our lives so much better. Our house is small and they will need to share a room. We already have so much boy stuff.... It took my 2 yo old a little while to get used to the idea. He really wanted a little sister.
    Now our next task is to pick out a name. Why does this have to be so hard
  • TLCEsq
    TLCEsq Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Confirmed girl, whoo hoo!
  • qhiggins86
    qhiggins86 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    After rescheduling from 2 weeks ago since baby didn't want to cooperate, we found out we're having a little girl today!!! I'm beyond ecstatic!
  • araromi2
    araromi2 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    After rescheduling from 2 weeks ago since baby didn't want to cooperate, we found out we're having a little girl today!!! I'm beyond ecstatic!

Yaaay!Congrats :)
  • MandyMason7
    MandyMason7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Officially found out yesterday that we are having a third boy. I wasn't at all surprised since this pregnancy has been identical to my other two. My husband took it harder than I did because he really wanted a girl (and if I could've chosen then that is obviously what I would have wanted too) and my 5 year old is downright pissed he's not getting a sister, he kept insisting the tech was wrong! I'm actually really ok with it being another boy even though it means I'll never have a daughter (this is our last pregnancy and I am getting my tubes tied). I started looking at nursery decor and we decided on a monster theme (I found really cute bedding!) and I'm excited to start planning now that we know what we're having :).