Frustration...

Options
AABru
AABru Posts: 610 Member
I posted a while ago that I was having wrist pain and shooting pain in my right forearm...I have tendonitis. I am very frustrated. While I understand that as you get older your body doesn't always agree with you, I now have tendonitis in both ankles and my right wrist. I have arthritis in both knees (my left worse than my right). Losing weight has really helped with my knee and ankle pain, but I'm at the point where what I am doing is not enough to continue to lose weight, and I have not been able to cut calories more than what I am eating (indeed, it seems like the harder that I try to cut calories, the more I actually eat). I have actually gained since I started SL, but expected that. So where does this leave me? I am SO frustrated. I was making really good progress in SL. I quit running because the pain in my ankles was unbearable. Now it seems that I will need to quit lifting until the inflammation in my wrist goes down. Anyone have any other ideas? I thought about swimming, but I don't have time to squeeze in a trip to the rec center during the week...so that leaves me at walking...grrrrrrrrrrr. We have a pool at work, but we also average a fire alarm pull every other day so far this year, and all I need is to get caught in the pool during a fire alarm and 20 degree weather. I need some ideas from some reasonable people...

Replies

• cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I just got off a nearly 3 month full stop on lifting due to injury. During that time, when I was able, I did a lot of walking and stationary biking. It wasn't ideal for me, but sometimes you just have to do what you can. Swimming sounds great, if you can. Nice and easy on the joints. Maybe you could do some running underwater? Make your swim workout short and sweet so you don't get caught in the pool during an alarm?

Have you seen a physical therapist or an orthopedic doctor? My PT gave me several great exercises. I used bodyweight, dumbbells, and resistance bands. My injury was in my neck, though, so I can't help you there.

Sorry about the tendonitis. I know how frustrating it is to not be able to lift. Hope things get better for you. :flowerforyou:
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Thank you...for now I'm walking and working on some yoga which I can modify to not hurt so much...