SOS: Shout out Sundays 12/1/13

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
So, how did Thanksgiving go? Are you ready to get back on track?

How do you plan to survive the holidays??

WW

Replies

• ShellyAnn46
    ShellyAnn46 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Survived turkey day great!!! Ran a race, ate small ham dinner at home & then 3 hours volunteering that night!! Totally spent the day doing what i wanted not what was expected of me. Very empowering. Have gotten in good walks the last few days but yes ramping back up on strength training is needed. Rest of my holiday season, i plan to do things on my terms and take one event at a time.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Back on track already with a few lessons learned:
    1) Being proactive about your health does pay off, but sometimes it takes a little time... after all these struggles to lose and finding out about the hypothyroid and insulin resistance and getting on medication, then getting the medication adjusted I FINALLY lost weight (and I'm darn proud of those three pounds) because things are getting sorted out
    2) Always make sure that you eat something solid when working out longer than you're used to, my little four hour workout on only a protein shake and a smoothie, then pigging out was not the brightest move I ever made... will reconsider that if it ever comes up again