new to group

Options
Hello group looking forward to this group having my sleeve on Dec 05-13 · I am sure I will

Have a million questions soon. Really enjoyed reading the blogs very informative.

Replies

• pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! You'll be on the loser's bench in a few days. I was sleeved on 7/8/13 and consider it one of the best things I've done for myself.
  • DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Good luck this week and welcome to the club.
  • nantnet
    nantnet Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Best wishes to you this week, I was sleeved on 10/02/2013 and I can say this is the first Thanksgiving ever that I LOST weight. More importantly though I feel great, I have lost 50 lbs, I excercise during my breaks at work (I have a sit down job) and I do WII Fit with the kids and my hubby at night and other excercises off and on that I couldn't do before because I was too out of shape and would get tired or winded too quickly.
    I would never tell anyone they should do this because like my Nut told me, "some people will say this is the easy way out, but it is far from that, it is a tool to help you make changes to better your life, you can succeed or you can fail it is up to you". I am excited for you to experience some of the fun things that I have like putting on a pair of jeans that you couldn't zip up and they are soon baggy or you have to add yet another notch to your belt that holds up your baggy jeans.

enough rambling, good luck and welcome!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Welcome! And Congratulations on your upcoming surgery! This is a great tool! It's not super hard once you get into the routine. I was sleeved 2 and 1/2 years ago and am still working towards goal, but then I started this journey with 226 pounds to lose, so no surprise I'm not at goal yet. :smile: Anyway, add me if you want.
  • candacet36
    candacet36 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats! The sleeve was the best thing I ever did for myself! After years of yo-yo dieting I have taken control! It is not easy but it is SO worth it!

Feel free to add me
  • Gabbymom34
    Options
    I am new but and wish I could say best thing I ever did but guess not there yet. Had some medical challenges with reflux one week post op that caused a hospital stay and doctor telling me not sure what is really going on. Testing for that showed a blood clot in liver which as me on all different types if medication. Still challenging working the medicine around drinking and eating. I can't wait for the day I can say best thing I ever did Need some support because there is no turning back only to move forward. Sleeved 10/28/13
  • caccicoo
    caccicoo Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! I am three weeks post op as of tomorrow. The first week was rough, but that is to be expected after most surgeries, but it has been smooth sailing since. I just weighted myself this morning and I am down 19 lbs in 3 weeks. Food is going well, even though I am dying to chew something. My advice is to stick closely to the pre and post-op diet that they give you. It is the way it is for a reason. :happy: All the best!
  • Gabbymom34
    Options
    With everyone's advice and support. Changing some things up. If i could get off this extra medicine that would help. Struggling still with getting in fluids. Doing protein am & pm plus the little bit if food through out the day. Thanks to everyone
  • alchaley
    Options
    Good luck with your surgery tomorrow! I know it will go well. Feel free to add me to your friends list anytime!!! Congrats!
  • Gabbymom34
    Options
    One month follow up yesterday. Gained 1lb in two weeks. :-(. But the pa cleared me to try all foods. But she suggested I try raw vegetables (carrots, celery , cucumbers and peppers? That seems harsh. She thought might help with nausea feeling get from all medicines for reflux and blood clot since I can't seem to find something that works? What you guys thank about raw vegetables?
  • VaingloriousVictoria
    Options
    Welcome to the group! Feel free to friend me & ask questions as needed!
  • DJRonnieLINY
    Options
    The program I am in counsels against raw veggies until after 8 weeks. Now everybody is different, but raw foods would need to be chewed down to a very, very soft paste before our new stomachs can handle. Q: Are you going to a bariatric support group? I have found this to be most helpful. We meet every two weeks with a bariatric RN, Nutritionist and Social Worker. The topics and discussion help us learn from each other and share positive and negetive experiences. If you do not have a group I would reccomend you check with your DR. or hospital and find one.
  • DJRonnieLINY
    Options
    ...these are free groups. No charges, no insurance.
  • MillieA53
    MillieA53 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Group! I am also new, having my sleeve done on Thursday Dec 12th. excited, nervous, anxious, all at the same time. Been reading the posts and they are great! I am looking forward to being a member.

Thanks
  • Gabbymom34
    Options
    No group at the doctor office r hospital. Keep searching for one close but haven't found one. Have ran across 4 other women who have used same group we are going to start meeting after first of year. Haven't tried the raw vegetables, thought that was to extreme. I have had several goods days and now my blood pressure has decided to climb back up so one more drug to take. Getting really frustrated.
  • Gabbymom34
    Options
    Good luck.
  • cashsnana
    Options
    Hi ! I'm a newby...I'm on day 9 of the pre liquid diet. My gastric sleeve is scheduled for Dec 16 th. I pray this works for me. I have pulmonary hypertension and lung disease and desperately need to lose this weight so I can Breathe and to also get on the heart/lung transplant list. I can not exercise so since 2009 I have been steadily gaining weight. My surgeons and doctors all think this is the best treatment for me. I want so much to do the things I used to do. Wish me luck ! Good luck to all of you !
  • boopgirl12
    Options
    You will do great the hardest st is deciding the change! Just completed mine Dec 5· Yesterday was a tough day today much better. I have my first week visit when you go .keep you in my prayers
  • Gabbymom34
    Options
    Sleeve 10/28 had a rough start but each day gets better and better Just go one day at time. Still have some bad days just hoping good days keep out weighing the bad
  • Gabbymom34
    Options
    Sleeve 10/28 had a rough start but each day gets better and better Just go one day at time. Still have some bad days just hoping good days keep out weighing the bad Good Luck