Whatcha Reading?

Options
ATT949
ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
Based on a comment at runningahead.com, I snagged a Kindle copy of "Running Science" by Owen Anderson, Ph. D.

I've read a significant amount of the book and it is packed with excellent information.

It has some sections that get into the nitty gritty of biology and chemistry but I found I handled the issues pretty well - despite my high school biology classed being on the other side of 40 years ago.

What was especially interesting to me was the arguments he puts forth to substantiate the need for endurance runners to spend time to increase their maximum speed.

That's what I'm reading — how about you?

Postscript - just found this:
http://www.humankinetics.com/products/all-products/running-science

Replies

• Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I recently read Born to Run by Christopher McDougall and Marathon Woman by Kathrine Switzer. I liked both, but I probably enjoyed Marathon Woman more.

I just finished Hell Bent, which is a book about competitive yoga (yes, really), which was totally fascinating from an "are you seriously serious about that?" kind of standpoint.

Up next in "regular" reading is Dark Places by Gillian Flynn.
  • beeblebrox82
    beeblebrox82 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Almost finished with Brad Hudson's "Run Faster from the the 5K to the Marathon"

http://www.amazon.com/Run-Faster-5K-Marathon-Coach/dp/0767928229

My first significant read on running mechanics and one trainers take on how to improve speed and endurance while reducing injury. I like it. Planning on putting together a training plan using his methodology to train for my early May 2014 25K.
  • mitchyinge
    Options
    I recently read Born to Run by Christopher McDougall and Marathon Woman by Kathrine Switzer. I liked both, but I probably enjoyed Marathon Woman more.

I LOVED marathon woman, has probably done more for my obsession with/love of running than anything else even my Garmin and even my trusty guru friend.

Currently reading RUN - the mind/body method of running by feel by Matt Fitzgerald, is taking ages so not much of a page turner but interesting enough
  • mashabear11
    mashabear11 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just finished "Running Like A Girl" by Alexandra Hemingsley. Really good read, human and humourous. I like "average" people's running experiences, it's easier for me to relate to them and I find a lot of motivation in that.
    I'm thinking of reading Marathon Woman next.
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    I read "Marathon" by Hal Higdon.