The doors are open!

Options
TinyTeTe
TinyTeTe Posts: 22 Member
Hello ladies,

I got an e-mail that the StrongLifts Inner Circle Community is taking new members as of today.

Is anyone here a member?

Interested in joining?

TL/DR StrongLifts forum is $200/yr. or $19/mo. should I join?

Replies

• emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I am still on the email list because they are humorous, so I get the notices too.

I think Mehdi opens the circle doors at least once a month, so if you don't catch it this time it will come back around soon.:) I am not sure how much useful information there would be for women on the program (for some reason, I feel like all of the anecdotes he posts seem to be from men who double their squat/deadlift weights). I've always been curious as to how valuable membership is myself.
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I get his emails, too. I admit to being curious about this "inner circle" thing. Partly, because I think there might be some good information there and partly because I wonder if Mehdi is as much of an *kitten* as he seems to be.
  • catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I got tired of all the emails. Mehdi seems a little full of himself IMHO.
  • TinyTeTe
    TinyTeTe Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    LOL... he's SO full of himself, the e-mails do suck, and Mehdi does seem very douchy (is that a word?). But I'm very interested in at least taking a peak at whats offered!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Eh.. that is the price of my gym membership lol.. I wouldn't.
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Not only is he full of himself, but he's definitely a wordy little guy. He could say the same thing, using about 1/3 of the words. He says the same things over and over. Plus, for someone who thinks they're pretty smart, he could probably make more money if he'd quit turning off half of his audience. He did mention there are females at the Inner Circle, but he's definitely not going out of his way to appeal to us ladies.
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    He did mention there are females at the Inner Circle, but he's definitely not going out of his way to appeal to us ladies.

I think that this group is probably the best place for any female-targeted SL support or information.:flowerforyou: Also, we are nice to the males that stop too!
  • dafoots0911
    dafoots0911 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    He did mention there are females at the Inner Circle, but he's definitely not going out of his way to appeal to us ladies.

I think that this group is probably the best place for any female-targeted SL support or information.:flowerforyou: Also, we are nice to the males that stop too!
    Amen. You took the words out of my mouth. I stopped the emails too. I can get all I need from those who know and experience the female version right here on this forum.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Not only is he full of himself, but he's definitely a wordy little guy. He could say the same thing, using about 1/3 of the words. He says the same things over and over. Plus, for someone who thinks they're pretty smart, he could probably make more money if he'd quit turning off half of his audience. He did mention there are females at the Inner Circle, but he's definitely not going out of his way to appeal to us ladies.

^^^ all of this

I used to read his emails for amusement, then I got bored and blocked them. I found it weird that he pretty much refused to mention women at all in any of his marketing. I'm not phased by all male environments, I've trained and played on all male and almost all male ice hockey teams before, but even then there was never this complete refusal to even mention women playing ice hockey ever. With Mehdi's inner circle, as far as I'm concerned, you can get the information for free elsewhere (Mark Rippetoe's Starting Strength forums are free and Rippetoe is more knowledgable than Mehdi anyway) so it's his loss.

Plus there's this forum. For the most part, there's no special information for women. the main difference is a lot of women start with lighter weights. But it's nice to be in an environment where people don't act like women who lift are aliens from another planet or don't even exist at all.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Interested in joining?

TL/DR StrongLifts forum is $200/yr. or $19/mo. should I join?

$19/mo??? Why would ANYONE pay that? You can get on the Starting Strength Forum and get advice from Mark Rippetoe or any of his Strength Trainers for free!
    Mehdi seems a little full of himself IMHO.

Agreed & I find him very unimpressive (Oops...can I say that in the SL Forum? LOL)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

Ah a long talker, I live with one of those.

I wouldn't pay 19$ for emails etc. I can get 2x10lb plates for that.