Burp I can do but Burpees?!?!? 12/3

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
http://shrinkingjeans.net/2013/11/burpee-challenge/

Look don't hate me! Actually I am hating myself for posting this! UGH! But I will try it! Lord knows I need to!

Do this if you dare!!!!!!!

http://shrinkingjeans.net/files/2013/11/burpee-challenge-01.png

WW

Replies

• aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    I'm good with doing these...but...why the weird numbers?
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I'll try not to hate you Wonder Woman though this is my least favorite all over body exercise. (Despite the fact that I can now pound out at least 5 of them in a minute vs barely getting through 4 of them last year.) I have never sucessfully finished any of these challenges in the past. Hmmmm
    well that's a challenge in and of itself, isn't it?

And Aakx3 - this site always jumps around on the numbers in their challenges. I think they subscribe to the theory of shock value of changing the numbers up.
  • janebegins
    janebegins Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm new so this is my first one! haha I used to do these as part of training for basketball. I do not miss them haha. I used to be able to do at least 20 without dying, but now I struggled with the 7 for today. Here's to doing 25 on Christmas morning in front of my family ;)

53860542.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • verdemujer
    Options
    Ok - all caught up to today - 17 done tonight.
  • nygiantschick
    nygiantschick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    burpees...I hate them they make me breathe hard and they make my legs wobble...no I love them...they boost my cardio and make me burn lots of calories...but then again they make my chest muscles sore and my arms feel like jello....weeeelllll they I have gotten stronger since I started doing them and I get through about 80 in a 30 minute workout...no I definitely hate them...or love them...or....awww forget about it!!!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Mine totally suck because I can't jump or I'll snap my ankle like a twig (then dance studio director has to kill me and Super Trainer), but I do my modified ones and still get something out of it, so I suppose that's good, I can do about 8-10 in a minute when we do them in AC
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Modified or not Burpees kill me! Even when I used to be super fit they killed me. UGH! But I will rise with the rest of you!
  • verdemujer
    Options
    I did my 7 for today and I the Advent days 1 - 4 from here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs_DvR0g9o7wDgmY3fzbhMw

:tongue:
  • ladyredeemed4
    ladyredeemed4 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am going to accept this Burpee challenge - though before today I have never heard that name??!!? Gonna get started on mine - as soon as I lock the dogs in another room - otherwise it would be a game. :smile:
  • verdemujer
    Options
    Ok - not only did I do todays 7 (earlier post) but I also did 17 more in karate thanks to the kids who can't line up. And then at the end of kickboxing, I did 50! I think I've done the entire thing in one day!!!!!! :tongue:
  • verdemujer
    Options
    Did the 9 for today. I am surprised to feel I'm not that sore from last night's uber session of these.
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Okay I am sooooo proud of myself! On Wednesday I did 10 burpees. Then yesterday with the circuit I did 10 Burpees 4 times!!!!! Okay I was dead-tired afterwards but hey I did them even if I looked like a wet leaf on the ground!! LOL!!!!!!! :sick:
  • verdemujer
    Options
    Yeah Wonderwoman! You go! Yesterdy I caught up with the challenge and did 15 plus 14 and then of course we had them within the HIIT so I probably did another 18 or less. I tend to quit counting them as the time wears on during the HIIT. But I can average about 4 to 5 during the interval and there are 5 intervals. Afterwards, I thought "This challenge I just may complete and won't that be awesome!"
  • verdemujer
    Options
    For someone that doesn't like burpees, I'm actually sticking with this challenge for once. I did them yesterday and I did them today. I still have troubles getting to past 6 in a row without stopping for some breathing. But they are getting easier.
  • Mazydasiy2001
    Mazydasiy2001 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I did not try them yet but went to website and joined and got the information. It rain today off and on so will try this tomorrow.

Kimberly