Week 1: Progress thread

Options
2»

Replies

• IrisRoseGingersnap
    IrisRoseGingersnap Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    My week has been mixed. Last Sunday was my first day back from a week of Thanksgiving-related travels during which I was able to stay on plan some days but definitely not on others. Traditionally, I do well when I set a routine and get into the groove of it, but once I deviate from that routine I have a really hard time getting back into the swing of things. So for most of last week I was struggling to get back on track, not wanting to exercise and wanting to enjoy all the good food the holidays have to offer. But on Friday, after mulling things over, I decided not to struggle and feel bad about myself and fuel a vicious cycle of self-sabotage. Instead I decided to raise my daily calorie goal to almost maintenance (my calorie deficit is 90 for a .2 lbs loss per week) and to scale back my exercise goal from 30 minutes six days a week to 30 minutes four times a week for 1000 calories burned per week. I'm also looking around for new exercise dvds, routines, programs. We have been doing the same Leslie Sansone video for about three months now and it is starting to get really old, plus although we like the workouts, we find her extremely annoying. Yesterday we did a strength training routine that I downloaded from workoutz.com and that was nice just to have the workout sheets and music of our choosing. Yesterday at the grocery store I bought chocolate-mint Nestle Flipz and enjoyed two 1oz servings and have half the bag left for another time. So for the past two days I have been eating well under my calorie goal and not eating back my exercise calories. Today we have a big celebratory luncheon after church (it is the bishop's annual visit0, and that will be a challenge, but I think I'll be able to enjoy myself and stay within my calorie goal.
  • IrisRoseGingersnap
    IrisRoseGingersnap Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Low impact Aerobics for 30 min a day no days off
    and eating clean

If you do your aeroibs at home, what dvds to you use? I am in the market for some new ones.