Just started playing

Options
I just downloaded the app and loved it! When you do it with a treadmill does it track you for outrunning the zombies? I'm still trying to figure out if I have it all set right. I do have it on gps so it should track me, but does it tell you how far you went?

Replies

• asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Hello & welcome Runner 5. Yes, it will do zombie chases if you enable them. You have to change the setting for a treadmill though to Accelerometer instead of GPS.

Stay safe out there Runner 5.
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Ok - thanks for the info! I can't wait to go running again now.
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    How do you change it from gps? I looked in settings but I didn't see that option there?
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    beneath the button to start mision there should be three options

music
    tracking
    zombie chases

click on the one you want to change, in this case tracking & then a new window opens up & you choose the tracking option.

I have an iPhone 4s. I am not sure if it's different in an android.
  • dragon1ady
    dragon1ady Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I have an iPhone 4s. I am not sure if it's different in an android.

Looks/Works the same on my Android. The accelerometer doesn't work very well on mine though, but I don't do zombie chases on treadmills, so it's not an issue for me.

Welcome to Abel, New Runner #5! :smile:
  • degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Looks/Works the same on my Android. The accelerometer doesn't work very well on mine though, but I don't do zombie chases on treadmills, so it's not an issue for me.

Welcome to Abel, New Runner #5! :smile:

On the street, the accelerometer would register that I ran much faster than I did so that meant much shorter zombie chases (I always outran them. On a treadmill, I couldn't bump up the speed on the machine fast enough to outrun the zombies.
  • Leebett
    Leebett Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I read on a blog that in order to outrun the zombie horde on a treadmill you have to take short fast steps. I haven't tried it yet, because I hate the treadmill and can't run nearly as fast on it as I can outside.