Best Wii games?

Okapi42
Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
I'm planning to get my parents a Wii for Christmas, so I thought I'd ask about everyone's favourite games here (this being one of my few identities on the internet they don't know about!)

They're both avid gamers anyway, usually of the rpg or puzzle variety. I'm trying to a) get them a little more active and b) get them doing things together rather than gaming at separate computers all evening...

Any classics you'd recommend?

Replies

• Ericsawicki
    Ericsawicki Posts: 75 Member
    my parents really like the wii sports. the tiger woods for the wii is pretty bad though. for mindless fun and great graphics the endless ocean (2?) is really good.
  • MeepleMuppet
    MeepleMuppet Posts: 226 Member
    This won't help with the "togetherness" (unless they play in two-player combat mode) but I really liked Puzzle Quest. My mom and I played Boom Blocks - Bash Party until our arms fell off. Ravin Rabbids are a good time. So is Mario Kart, except you need special parts for it. The only sports games we play are the ones that came with the Wii and Wii Resort but we've been playing them for...four years now, so I guess that was good enough for us :)
  • Okapi42
    Thanks, I'll look into those! Heard good things about "A Boy and his Blob", too.
  • SavvyCake
    SavvyCake Posts: 150 Member
    As a gal who is COMPLETELY obsessed with them anyway, I have to chime in and recommend any Zelda game. Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess are both available for the wii, and to me, they're two of the greatest games ever made, regardless of platform.

I also really enjoyed the Okami games and the Harvest Moon games, and all are pretty family friendly (since I dunno what level of violence your folks would be ok with-- although generally Wii games are less violent than other platforms typically).
  • Okapi42
    Thanks, will add Zelda to the list.

They don't really play FPS, but the Wii is the wrong console for that anyway. They're pretty intense gamers, though, my mother had Skyrim before I did!