Sample day

Options
kariduane
kariduane Posts: 27 Member
Hey Everyone,
Wishing you all a beautiful, crisp Thursday. I had an athlete metabolically tested yesterday and we were stunned by the results. He completed an ironman event in 11 hours recently and is at an ideal body weight currently. However the testing revealed metabolic syndrome. Look that up if you have not already as the average American has it! He was off for bloodwork today and we are making big changes. Thought I would share my "typical day" email that I sent him this morning as a reminder that you CAN do this and if you have lost a bit of spunk around making these changes maybe thi will help put you back on course. It takes 3 days to reset the cravings. Wishing you well!
Barneys Almond butter (whole foods)
Beef Jerkey
Chobani Greek Yogurt (always add almonds or trail mix)
Eggs..hard boiled or egg salad
Tuna fish with real mayonnaise (can also do chicken salad with mayo, lemon and pickles)
Turkey and Chciken breast
Tuna, Salmon, Halibut (almost any fish)
Cheese, including cottage cheese
Pork loin
Beef
White beans, lima n]beans, fava beans, black beans
Milk and Soymilk (check labels)
Nuts and seeds Pumpkin, peanuts, almonds, squash seeds

A typical day would look something like this:
Breakfast
Scrambled egg with some veggies (have as much as you like). I usually add salsa and avocado. Or Greek yogurt with nuts added or chicken apple sausage or any of the variety of beef, pork, turkey, chicken sausage at Whole Foods (they have an amazing selection)
Snack
Apple dipped in peanut butter or almond butter and a slice of cheese with celery…never eat fruit or veggies alone
Lunch
Chef salad, tuna, chicken all sales are good but watch carb intake. If you have a sandwich ALWAYS remove one slice of bread (that's a cheat rule) so it is opened faced..have veggies and any type of meat or tofu etc. (Right now Panera Bread has a great menu for this type of eating, just ask them) and Chipotle has a really good spicy tofu mixture to add to their burrito bowl that is awesome and full of protein! Great choice for lunch!
Snack #2
Berries or berry parfait with nuts and maybe cottage cheese layers (is this getting too girlie??..not sure how many guys have parfaits)?? There are many options for snacks, just need to check labels. You had a NUGO bar that is 1:1 so perfect!
Dinner
The sky is the limit..just avoid or minimize anything processed or with a high glyclemic index. This week I have made tortilla soup including sour cream and avocado topping with 1 corn chip sprinkled on the top for the tortilla. I did cracked crab and dip one night and a roast with gravy, cauliflower, broccoli and a big salad with feta cheese and pine nuts (balsamic dressing)
Truly this is an easy thing to do and do not stress if it is not 100% perfect!