Housework & credit for exercise calories??!

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/wellness/todays-tip-rake-leaves-for-a-brisk-fall-workout/2013/11/25/07d6dcf6-52c1-11e3-9e2c-e1d01116fd98_story.html?wpisrc=nl_health

I love this! I remember about two years ago I went home and my mom announced real loud "okay we are going outside to rake the leaves!" I felt like I was 12 again...no choice...did not ask just 'you are going to help me'....LOOOL! Well, we raked for like 2+ hours!
So, hey get it in however you can and yes it counts!

Peace,
WW

Replies

• verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I see lots of people post for exercise. I don't post seperataly as my arm band picks that up and it will show if my other exercises haven't knocked it off the screen. Sometimes what I log reduces the arm band data to zero. That's okay - I still count all the steps for my mileage challenge. :smile:
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Perfect timing. I ended up moving a bunch of heavy computers from one site to another for a couple hours Today.
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/wellness/todays-tip-rake-leaves-for-a-brisk-fall-workout/2013/11/25/07d6dcf6-52c1-11e3-9e2c-e1d01116fd98_story.html?wpisrc=nl_health

I love this! I remember about two years ago I went home and my mom announced real loud "okay we are going outside to rake the leaves!" I felt like I was 12 again...no choice...did not ask just 'you are going to help me'....LOOOL! Well, we raked for like 2+ hours!
    So, hey get it in however you can and yes it counts!

Peace,
    WW

I used to log everything I did. It adds up after a while. Then I got tired of it and just upped my activity level. Now I only log anything over 30 minutes.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I never gave housework credit as exercise calories, I always left it off and figured any calories burned that weren't logged from it would make up for something I had missed logging calories or a time when I went over on calories (logged or not) since I always do my housework on the weekends, and if I was good on my calories and exercising, the housework calories were a bonus
  • Julievs05
    Julievs05 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have been on bed-rest (due to surgery) for over one week now and still have five days to go until I can do any real type of activity. I got up to today and moved around the house and picked things up and felt exhausted (I lost 25% of my blood with surgery) and so I put it in as exercise because for some people that was all they could do in that day. We never know what will happen to us and at certain times it is all we can do. I put it in, but when I become more active I might leave it off. I guess it depends on where you are at in your life. I say activity is activity and should be recognized as an improvement from what we did before. :) That is just my two bits. I think everyone is right since it is relative.