sex

Options
So I know this is a bit open but I'm not sure where else to ask. I've lost 60 pounds so far and that leaves me with loose skin around my middle section already. I am very self conscious of it and I feel more insecure about my body now than I dI'd when I was 300+ pounds. Has anyone else had this feeling? I know most men probably won't care but I don't know how to get over the feeling of complete disgust when I look at my middle section in the mirror. Will this feeling ever go away?

Replies

• eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Speaking as a man, I can say I totally care about that and have had those same feelings. But despite that feeling, overall, sex is way better after I lose weight. Of course you are better off in other ways too losing 60 lbs. (congrats by the way). Also there is a lot they can do about that skin surgically too right? In the end you will learn to accept you new and improved body I am sure. Good work!
  • bbrat333
    bbrat333 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Honestly when I loose weight, I am happy with the loose skin. It means I have been loosing. I understand that people feel it is unattractive, but I don't find it any less attractive than my big ol' belly sticking out. My honey has no complaints either way, but I know I have more energy when my weight is lower which I think is appreciated more than whether my mid section is tight or not. Actually now that I am thinking of it, I believe I cover my belly when I feel it is too big, so I'm more insecure with the big tight belly than a loose belly (either way it jiggles for now, lol).

But the feeling of insecurity, I am sure will go away, just as you adjusted to your body being big and accepting it that way, you will eventually adjust to accepting your body as it changes. To help ease it, many people swear by strength exercise to tone while/after loss, and there is always surgery if you don't have patience.

In the mean time, maybe try picking up a sexy little teddy or something that covers your mid section while remaining sexy, it might help your confidence. That's my solution when I'm feeling self conscious in bed.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I think the hope when we start out losing is that we'll be left with the body we WOULD have had if we had never been overweight at all but that isn't a realistic goal if you've been very overweight. Women are luckier because lingerie can be a good disguise but really keeping fit really does help lift things. I'd rather have the loose skin rather than surgery scars.
  • malou1985
    malou1985 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I've had 3 kids so i have an 'apron' so i make sure the room is completely dark. If not i won't take my tank top off. At times ive hid it with lingerie
  • karenrich77
    karenrich77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I don't think you are alone here, I have lost 80+ pounds and I know by the time I am done, my body is going to look somewhat horrible.... but you know what? At least I will be around to live, breathe, love and all the things I wouldn't if I was still 370 pounds. So I am going to learn to love my 'ugly' body :)
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    yeah, I used to like myself when I was fat. I do everything in my power to avoid the mirror now. shower time is rather awkward/difficult with the whole "do not look down, do not glance at mirror" thing, but it's better than catching a look and crying all day instead :P