Hourglass girl, wanting to stay motivated

Options
Hi girls,
I'm new here, but have been on my 'healthier eating' kick for a couple of months now. Initially it was easier than I thought it would be, but sticking with it has sometimes been difficult since I love to cook and bake (and love making up epic recipes), I get hungry a lot, also I'm in the metal scene -where everyone is constantly eating pizza and drinking beer- and I'm an addict of red wine, which has made it difficult to show restraint (plus I have a wheat intolerance so my selection of food I can eat was already limited), but thus far I've seemed to pull it off okay (with the exception of a few occasions, of course). I've joined this site both to lose a bit more weight and to have some help keeping track of my calorie intake.
So far, I've dropped about 20 pounds (I was 142lbsduring the summer, now I'm down to 123lbs and my waist has gone from 26" to 23", with hips and chest staying at around 36" each -which is fine by me; it's the stomach/thigh/arm fat I want to keep off-.
Anyways, I'm glad to see a group dedicated to hourglass figures, as I know we require different foods/workouts than other body types. So far (besides the workout I get being a bartender), the exercise I get pretty much just consist of cleaning my house, cooking, and walking a LOT. I definitely would like to discover some workouts that are specifically suited for an hourglass body type.
One of my questions thus far is, does anyone else get extremely hungry at night? It's always that way for me, no matter how much I eat during the day I'm practically insatiable at night. I've resorted to eating very few calories during my daytime meals (between 200-300) so I can have calories "saved up" for nighttime when I know I'll want them most; I'm wondering if there's anything wrong with this, as long as I stay within my calorie intake goals? Thanks!

Replies

• supercsarah
    supercsarah Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Maybe a protein snack at bedtime. Protein will help prevent spiking your blood sugar while you are sleeping, but it will keep your metabolism going. I have a hard time with the "don't eat after 6 rule". I work night shift. I always keep veggies around to munch on, too.