Anyone up for a Twilight Almost Christmas Challenge...

Options
2»

Replies

• surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Oops, forgot that I should be checking in. Sorry! Got to Curves on Tuesday, but I've been skipping my walks.

Healthy food : avocado and mustard. It's what I put on sandwiches now - so much tastier than mayo!

Twilight inspiration: on this day in 2007, Summit announced that Rob Pattinson would play Edward in Twilight!

https://mobile.twitter.com/TwihardMuser/status/410902253919158272/photo/1?screen_name=TwihardMuser

...and many fans freaked because they thought he wasn't right for the part, but I think he was just right! :heart:
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Wednesday, late check in...
    Went to mall and got a lot of steps in that way. Looks like it will be warming up so I can walk outside maybe a couple of days this weekend.

My shoulders have not been liking me, I think some yoga will make a difference, does anyone have any ideas or done something that worked for sore shoulders?

Headed back to work today after my short jaunt to OKC. Nice to get back to my routine!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,957 Member
    Options
    Yvonne, if you find something for sore shoulders, let me know! Sorry I've got no suggestions.
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Yvonne, if you find something for sore shoulders, let me know! Sorry I've got no suggestions.

Kathy, I think my real trouble is with my pectoralis minor. The best way to describe it is this....when Wearing a tank top, soreness in the area where the straps come down the front. I used to have a problem with my left arm getting numb, finally after the doctor ran several tests, as a last resort she sent me to a physical therapist and learned that this particular muscle was tightening up on me and shutting off my circulation !

I am going yo try the moves in this link.

http://woman.thenest.com/stretches-tight-pectoralis-minor-9505.html
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,957 Member
    Options
    Those stretches make a lot sense, Yvonne, I'll try them.

Thursday check in - Crash and burn!!! :explode: I forgot to eat half my breakfast, then I left my healthy lunch at home. Plus, it was party day at work.

However, I got a walk in. :flowerforyou:
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Thursday check in:
    :drinker: I was under calories, woohoo!
    :smooched: Work was super busy, so no time for a lunch time walk for me, but I did have a couple of meetings that took me to other buildings so that helped.
    I am ready for the weekend, ready to listen to my Twilight Soundtracks and do some housework. Time to unpack more boxes from the summer move.

Happy Friday, all!
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I think this whole week has been crash & burn for me. I can't seem to get anything right, and I'm ready to just give up
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Yes, I suck at checking in. Updating for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.

What are you doing to stay healthy and fit: Stuck to my healthy diet on Wed/Thurs and then splurged on Friday as planned at the staff Christmas party. Gotta love a job where they supply the alcohol. :wink:

Recipe or favorite healthy food: I made a super simple banana bread the other day and kept the calories low by reducing the amount of sugar a bit and cooking it in an 8 x 8 pan and cutting it into squares. It was delicious! Here's the link to the recipe: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/banana_bread/

Favorite Twilightish holiday related movie or book quote or song lyric: I know the battle between Victoria/Edward/Riley/Seth is a violent time in Eclipse, but I always think "Winter Wonderland" when I see the setting in the movie.
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Ohhhh, thank you for the banana bread recipe, that looks yummy and super easy! I will have to try some!

Saturday check in...
    Movies at the last minute Friday night. What does it say about me because I fell asleep twice during The Hobbitt, Degredation of Smog, (lol!! Yes, I am poking fun at the title). The movie was long and didn't start until 8:15. Just getting old I guess. I only had a little popcorn and no candy and water instead of diet pop.

Today, I worked, then shopped. Resisted dessert at Outback. Having a sweet potato takes care of the old sweet tooth.
    Tomorrow will rech the 50's and I don't have to work, I am planning a nice enjoyable walk with my iPod!

I listened to Radio Head at work today. I hate to admit that I recently realized that Hearing Damage from New Moon was done by Thom York from Radio Head, duh!!!! No wonder I like that song!

Is everyone done with their Christmas shopping? I am almost there!!!!