Week 2: Progress thread

Options
kawookie
kawookie Posts: 813 Member
Tell us about what you are doing to achieve your goals!

Are you upping the ante this week? Or are you retrying last week's goals? Every day is a new potential for victory!

Replies

• genene111
    genene111 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Things are going well over here!
    I even survived a Christmas party without feeling totally bummed about my bod. This is a huge NSV!! Love it.
    So my goals will remain the same for this week, 5:30 am runs I'm going to push it a little harder this week and up my runs to at least 20 min.
    Also I am going to continue preparing all my meals for school and work because its really saving me from crashing and eating everything in site!
    Looking forward to more NSVs

And to reading all of your NSV and SVs as well!
    Hope everyone goes into next week with a warrior spirit:)

Be great friends!
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna stay on track with keeping under my calories, not miss any workouts, and not drink any alcohol the night before my weigh in ;) Hoping to be 159 next week!!!
  • renewondergem
    Options
    I had a big holiday last week (Dutch holiday which basically means: eat a lot of sugary food!)

I still lost more than a pound last week, even though I didn't really pay attention to my diet.

till christmas there will be no more distractions here, so I'm gonna work out at least 3 times a week the coming 2 weeks and eat as clean as possible, so I can really disregard everything for 2 days during christmas :P
  • grannelle
    Options
    Trying again. Last week focused on meals. This week focus on increasing my exercise Stats
  • Jgal8123
    Jgal8123 Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    I'm working on keeping myself mentally motivated this week. About 6 weeks prior to starting this challenge I quit smoking, and even with watching my diet and exercising regularly, my 20lb weight loss goal has now turned into a 30lb goal. It has been very discouraging to say the least but I know by quitting smoking I will be healthier in the long run and eventually the weight will come off if I stick with it. Last week I focused on hitting my target nutrition/exercise levels and kick starting a very sluggish metabolism. I didn't lose any weight last week...but I also didn't gain, so that's a plus. This week I'm focused on not beating myself up and to be more patient with achieving overall results.
  • kawookie
    Options
    JGal - congrats on giving up smoking! You have taken 20 lbs off your heart so even if you have gained ten pounds you still have health advantages. You know it will come back off!

I am on my second week of my Leslie Sansone challenge. I was supposed to do 3 miles today and I ended up doing all 5 mega miles. Oops. :laugh:
  • renewondergem
    Options
    good work on the 5 miles! good effort pushing yourself! :)

went to the gym yesterday

I deadlifted 265 pounds! (120 kg) , a new personal best! by the end of this 90 day challenge I hope to lift 150 kg (330 pounds) while I am at 100 kg bodyweight (220 pounds)

killed my shoulders. was a great workout. at the end a lot of barbell rows and military presses at high reps, low weight to feel te burn. time for some cardio tomorrow to finish up this week!
  • Jgal8123
    Jgal8123 Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    kawookie - Thanks for the encouraging words and GREAT job doing the 5 miles yesterday!

renewondergem - Congrats on your new personal best!

I'm inspired to keep up with you and the rest of the group who are pushing hard in this challenge...hope to share more of our successes in the coming weeks!
  • Vex3521
    Vex3521 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Wow you guys are inspiring! Great work!!

I'm up a pound this week so I'm not that thrilled with myself. I have to keep hanging in there and working out the rest of the week with my restart tomorrow. Tuesdays are going to be a rest day, although I shoveled for 90 mins today, so I got a good workout. Hopefully I can just do the workout tomorrow and be on track again and start losing more.
  • kawookie
    Options
    renewondergem - That is awesome! I need to start a lifting plan. I'm doing this walking challenge now, so maybe in January?

Vex3521 - How is the restart going? Did you get to the gym or do some exercise today?

Today, I did 4 miles to compensate for all the time I sit on my rear working. :laugh: The scale keeps going down so I'm excited for weigh in this weekend :drinker:
  • renewondergem
    Options
    renewondergem - That is awesome! I need to start a lifting plan. I'm doing this walking challenge now, so maybe in January?

:

lifting is great! mind you, if you start lifting for the first time, you will gain weight in the beginning (water and muscle).

it will seem like your weight loss is slowing down. therefore, measure your waist to see if you're still burning fat. if you're doing it right (eating at a defecit, and properly lifting) , your waist size will still go down :)

I recommend lifting weights to everyone. it is a big help to become fit even quicker! :) it helps with posture and more muscle means that your basal metabolic rate will increase :)

if you need any advice on how to start, let me know :)
  • thistimesucess
    thistimesucess Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - I'm leaving tomorrow for a 3 week holiday including 2 weeks on a cruise. I'm not sure how often I can clock in over that time but will definately be back in the new year!
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    well binged for the past two days, was thinking of going back on 5:2 to straighten out the mess but im not sure if i should go back on it after a binge, perhaps i should just learn to eat up to my allotted calories after a binge so that i can truly learn to just move on after a bad day and not automatically restrict after a binge. After two days though of 4000 calories i just didnt want all my previous progress thrown down the drain as in the past i literally have eaten back all the weight lost during the week on the weekend. 5:2 has worked well for me in the past, i just dont know if i am in the right mindset right now to do a fast day.
  • CULTIVATE140
    CULTIVATE140 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Goal Accomplished last week? NOPE (DID NOT GO TO SLEEP BEFORE 1am )
    Goals for this week- drink 50-100 oz of water a day

SW: 228.5
    GW: 214

December 5: 228.5
    December 12: 227.5

December 19:
    December 26:
    January 2:
    January 9:
    January 16:
    January 23:
    January 30:
    February 6:
    February 13:
    February 20:
    February 27:
    March 6:
  • kawookie
    Options
    Today, I started my day right by doing a 4 mile power walk before I sat down to my mound of grading!

red_road - Sadly I have no great advice. But each day is a new day. I wouldn't think that doing a 5:2 diet would necessarily help when you are struggling with binge eating. It would seem to me working on figuring out your triggers while staying in calories would be a better idea for awhile. I think the 5:2 might be a band-aid on a bigger issue.

renewondergem - Yep, I was thinking about maybe reading up on lifting before I got started. I've heard good things about the book "The new rules for weightlifting for women". I was thinking about seeing if I could get it from the library.
  • theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    This week has been really good for me! I made my own meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner throughout the work week. I exercised every morning before work. And I've kept the drinking to a minimum! Excited for tomorrow's weigh-in.
  • ttiger33
    ttiger33 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    SW 12/1 - 177.2)
    CW 12/8 - 175.6 lbs
    12/15-175.2
    GW 03/1-145

A bit sadden I did not loose at least a pound this week.. But, Very happy I did loose over 5 inches since I have started my lifestyle change.. So there is positive change going on..