Options
chrisdavey
chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
20M Farmers/ sled drag medley 90kg/170kgs
20M Keg loading race 40kg, 50kg,60kg, plastic 44 gal drum
Log clean and press for reps 75kgs
Yoke 20M 220kg
Stone for reps 100kg 1.2M

Is on the 25th Jan. These are the events. My issue is that I can't regularly train strongman stuff as I don't have the equipment.

I have a tyre for practicing sled drags.

Nothing to really practice keg loading that I can think of except maybe running wit KB's.

WIll be doing regular BB clean and press.

Yoke: nothing specific but will be deadlifting and squatting still. Have done that weight before no probs.

Stone: found that it feels like a sumo DL and then front squat so will focus on them.

The events for time are only 60s so won't need "too" much cardio.

Thoughts on my plan? I should be able to actually practice with proper equipment once every 2 weeks or so.

Replies

• Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    It is what you can do. If you have problems with the pick for stones, you can pile a bunch of plates on the ground to mimick the pick. Just place a 25 under the 45s so you can get your fingers under.

To help with your grip, for the farmers, you can put a barbell on top of a cage and hang from it. This is boring, but will help.
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    great idea. Thanks :)

Don't usually have an issue with grip as I do a fair bit of bar stuff, pullups etc so grip is pretty good. I'm normally just a bit cautious and slow :laugh:
  • Shawshankcan
    Options
    Just realized this is next weekend. I expect videos and results. I am not a veteran of the sport by any means, but I can try and help you with what I know. For what it is worth, I am training with people who have competed nationally (in Canada.)
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    I had to pull out :( Had to get another cortisone shot in my hip so have to rest it up. Doctor's orders.
  • Shawshankcan
    Options
    You're a smarter man that I am. Last summer, I did a number on my shoulder. My plan - keep training just took out the pressing. When it came time for the next comp, there was a max rep log press. That didn't go well. Didn't finish any where near where I should have in the comp for a few reasons but that is life.

Shoulder is getting better and I just hit a PR on axle press and found out the log I had been using is not 220 but 240.
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    Damn man! Yeah, injuries suck but this was has been with me for 6 months so I need to get it sorted!