Breakfast!

Options
PaleoPath4Lyfe
PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
Since we can't create folders for each recipe type we can do generalized categories so we have a general rule of thumb for where to post particular types of recipes.

So here we go: Breakfast recipes here.

Replies

• fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Eggs Milanese

One of my favorite breakfast recipes, from Milano, Italy.

2 eggs
    6 to 8 spears asparagus (fresh or frozen)
    2 tablespoons grated parmigiano reggiano cheese (Parmesan)
    2 tablespoons butter
    White truffle oil (optional, not necessary)
    Salt and pepper

Heat a tablespoon of butter in frying pan. Fry asparagus until tender and cooked through (a few minutes). Add salt and pepper to taste. Transfer cooked asparagus to dish. Then add remaining tablespoon of butter to pan, and fry the two eggs (any way you like them, sunny side up, over easy, scrambled, etc). Add salt and pepper to eggs to taste. When eggs are done, transfer them on top of layer of cooked asparagus. Add a few drops of white truffle oil (this step is optional). Sprinkle the two tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese on top of eggs. Enjoy! Makes one serving.

Those choosing to limit or eliminate dairy from diet can omit use of Parmesan cheese.
  • shuki_cotren
    shuki_cotren Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I just found these recipes for Sweet Potato Waffles and I cannot wait to try them!

Sweet Potato Paleo Waffles
    Makes 5-6 waffles
    4 eggs
    1 cup egg whites
    4 oz sweet potato, cooked & mashed (cool before blending with eggs)
    1 tsp baking soda
    dash of sea salt
    1/3 cup unsweetened beverage (like plain almond milk/coconut milk)
    1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut flour

1. Blend and use your waffle iron to make delicious waffles!
    http://www.petiteathleat.com/2012/06/paleo-sweet-potato-waffles-why-i-hate.html

OR this one

Sweet Potato Waffles
    Recipe makes 6 waffles
    2 large sweet potatoes, boiled and mashed ahead of time (cool before blending with eggs)
    4 eggs
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 tablespoon cinnamon
    1 teaspoon nutmeg
    1 teaspoon allspice

1. Same directions as the first one!
    http://www.adventuresofpip.com/recipes/sweet-potato-waffles/
  • shuki_cotren
    shuki_cotren Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    And I can't forget

pancakes!!!

2 ripe bananas
    1 egg
    1 heaping tablespoon of almond butter

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/almond-banana-pancakes/#axzz2nfYZ8X00
  • Lizzard_77
    Lizzard_77 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    One of my faves because it's easy and the components can be made a head of time then pulled together and finished in the AM.

Combine ground pork with either brussels or butternut, apple slices, paprika, cinnamon, and brown everything in butter. If I am feeling really hungry I'll throw a fried egg on top. Keeps me full for hours!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Paleo Pancakes

8 oz cream cheese
    8 eggs
    8 tbsp cinnamon
    8 tbsp stevia

Blend in blender

Be careful, these can be deceptively high carb, but still Paleo.

Serve with Maple & Butter.
  • fruttibiscotti
    Options
    Flaxseed Tortilla (no wheat and no corn)

1/4 cup ground flaxseed meal (I prefer using ground golden flaxseed)
    1/8 tsp baking powder
    One egg
    1 teaspoon olive oil
    1 tablespoon water
    Pinch of salt

In a small bowl, combine ground flaxseed meal and baking powder. Mix in egg, olive oil, water and salt. In a greased glass 9-inch pie dish, pour in flaxseed mixture and spread out evenly. Nuke in microwave on high between 2.5 to 3 minutes. When done, remove from pie dish using a spatula - it may be hot, careful not touching with fingers immediately out of the microwave. This is a flexible style of tortilla that you can use to make burritos. Enjoy!

Unfortunately I cannot remember which of my MFP pals gave me this recipe. You rock!
  • 3rdxacharm
    3rdxacharm Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Zucchini Egg Bake - One of my favs!

I usually make this for supper. It came from Primal Blueprint Meal Plan

INGREDIENTS

4 Tbs butter
    ¼ cup finely chopped onion
    2 lbs zucchini, grated
    1/2 lb ground Italian sausage or other ground meat
    3 eggs, beaten
    ⅓ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese

INSTRUCTIONS

Preheat oven to 350°F.
    In a sauté pan, melt butter and add onion and zucchini. Sauté until zucchini is tender, 5–7 minutes.
    Put zucchini in a colander to drain off any excess liquid.
    Add sausage to the sauté pan and sauté until just cooked.
    Combine the sausage and zucchini and season to taste.
    Add eggs, mix well, and pour into an 8x8 square pan.
    Grate cheese on top.
    Bake uncovered 35–40 minutes.
  • fruttibiscotti
    Options
    Ever had breakfast at one of those four or five star restaurants and wondered how the heck did they make those incredibly creamy, luscious scrambled eggs? I used to made a rubbery version, which it could never figure out how to make them soft like the pros, without adding tons of other stuff like cheese or cream (which reduces their eggy taste and colour - not what I want). Well, after seeing a youtube video by Gordon Ramsey (yes, I know, not everybody appreciates him), I learned how these top notch chefs do it!!

Scrambled Eggs (creamy version)

Two eggs
    One tablespoon butter (can add more for creamier texture)
    Salt and pepper

In a cold stainless steel saucepan, add eggs and butter. ( VERY IMPORTANT: do not pre-beat the eggs, just crack eggs into the cold saucepan. Also, do not pre-melt the butter, in its solid state just put it in the cold saucepan with the whole eggs. Do not add salt or pepper yet.). Place saucepan on stove on medium high. Using a wire whisk, whisk your eggs. Keep whisking, while butter will melt and blend in with egg mixture, forming a loose custard. Keep whisking until mixture stiffens and creamy scrambled eggs emerge. Take off heat immediately, add salt and pepper, and give final whisk to incorporate. Invert into dish and serve immediately. Optional, top eggs with finely diced chives or parsley. Voila! Perfect scrambled eggs.