Favourite Races?

Options
RinnyLush
RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
Hey fellow Calgarians!

I will be starting running training in the new year as my next fitness goal, and I was looking for some suggestions. I plan to run a 5k around March, a 10k around June, and then a half-marathon by September(ish). For all the runners out there - what are your favourite races? Charity, fun, competitive - whatever!

Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• rjh1975
    rjh1975 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Calgary race weekend is really fun - great energy and races of all different lengths. This coming year is also its 50th anniversary so it should be extra fun - http://www.calgarymarathon.com/ Last summer I also completed a few of the "mud run" style races (Zombie Survivor, Mud Hero, Spartan Sprint). These were all 5-6K in length but also had fun (and sometimes challenging) obstacles at different points in the race. Once you get into the longer distances, it's also fun to try a "destination" run. I did a half marathon in Ottawa in the fall which was lovely because of all the colourful leaves (it was actually called the Fall Colours Run). In May I'll be back in Ottawa to run the marathon. It's kind of fun to combine travel with racing :)
  • romanaXOX
    romanaXOX Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I'm in Lethbridge, but I'm hoping to come up for the Color Me Rad race in June!! :) So excited. It will be my first race ever...