Keeping warm AFTER a winter ride

Options
I've been riding in the cold recently. I keep bundled up very well when I ride - lots of layers to keep me comfortable but not overheating. HOWEVER, after I've peeled off my clothes and settled at home I'm incredibly cold for hours, even after putting on sweats, socks, and a hat.

Any suggestions on how to warm up? Warm soup and drinks does help, but I'd really like to prop my feet on a radiator or heating vent (I have neither in this apartment).

EDIT: It's mostly my calves and feet that are cold, and I do try to keep them warm!

Replies

• Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Have you tried putting on compression leggings after your workout?

I have found that they work for me specially when I was running in snow and then tryin got warm up.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I have a steam room in my basement. It's the only way I can get my core warm after the cold.
  • Dahamac
    Dahamac Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    A long hot shower or bath. It is the only way I can get my bones warm. Otherwise you need wool. My last Brevet (200k) the high was 50F and I couldn't take a hot shower afterwards. I put on a clean merino wool sweater and left on my long wool socks. The wool along with the car's heater, hot food, and hot coffee warmed me up nicely.
  • popflying
    Options
    Have you tried putting on compression leggings after your workout?

I have found that they work for me specially when I was running in snow and then tryin got warm up.
    I should buy some, that sounds like a good idea- thanks!

And a warm shower... I'll definitely keep that in mind. I don't usually shower after my winter bike rides but maybe I should.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    A long hot shower or bath.

agreed.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I go right into the hot tub with a bottle of red or the sauna.
  • drapisking
    drapisking Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I ride with embro and then get in a hot shower when I get home... trust me cold is the farthest thing from my mind. Bonus points when you ride before work and get to spend the day with tingling legs at work.
    http://dz-nuts.com/store/products/dznuts-in-heat-embrocation-medium.html