I finally started stronglifts!!

I finally did it! I went to the gym on Wednesday and started stronglifts 5x5! I tried it at home, but dumbbells were just not cutting it. I have been afraid of going it alone at the gym in "that" section. I played around with weights before at the gym, but my hubby was there, helping me feel comfortable. But now with a 1 yr old, we both can't go at the same time. This is also a different gym from the one where we worked out together in the past, hence my feelings of apprehension. Anyway, after unsuccessfully trying to find a workout buddy interested in stronglifts, I took the plunge. I'm loving it so far, and even went back today, despite having a horrible headache. So...yay me!!

Replies

• vendygirl
    vendygirl Posts: 718 Member
    Congrats! It took me a long time to get the courage to try SL as well. My Personal Trainer finally just flat out said I was ready and to stop being scared. She showed me what to do and watched my form and I've been doing it ever since.
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Yay, Cactus!!! We knew you could do it. :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    awesome! and good for you...i had a headache before going to lift today ....i think i was just jonesing to pick up heavy stuff...hahah. srs it's addicting lol
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Yay for you!! Your courage is inspiring. I need to know that somebody else was just as nervous as me and just manned up and did it anyway. :)

I'm right behind you and taking just as long. I got weights & a bench at home for a different program and then realized that I can't be clanging all those weights around with the kids sleeping just around the corner, so I found & joined a gym. Then I had a little scare where I thought I had a bladder prolapse, but it turned out to be okay (thank.heaven!). Now, I'm just trying to time my gym visit just right to be able to get to "that part of the gym" without feeling like I stick out like a sore thumb. It doesn't help that the free weight section is about the size of a postage stamp and I have visions of trying to maneuver the barbell to where I need it and taking 2 or 3 people out in the process (all I can think is: accidentally barbell clothes-lining everyone in the dumbbell section). :embarassed:

Keep it up, I think getting started must be the hardest part! :)
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    High five!
  • jcdoerr
    jcdoerr Posts: 172 Member
    Way to go! Now that the hardest part is over, keep on walking in there and lift like you own the place!!!
  • 19wilson88
    19wilson88 Posts: 30 Member
    Congrats! I started on Monday, and I was really impressed at how many ladies I saw in "that section." Sure, we're still pretty outnumbered by guys, but it was comforting to even see one or two other women lifting.
  • kathleenjoyful
    kathleenjoyful Posts: 210 Member
    I'm so excited for you!
  • jmzz1
    jmzz1 Posts: 670 Member
    Congo
  • CactusF1ower
    CactusF1ower Posts: 174 Member
    Thanks so much everyone. It's back to the gym in the morning for me. I can't wait to see what kind of results I get, and how strong I become doing this. Wish me luck!