Introduction

Options
fultimers
fultimers Posts: 153 Member
Okay--I figured it out--you're just now starting this group and the Ketogenics post was your only one so far.

I live in Alamo and am a non-traditional student at South Texas College. I also joined the gym on campus so when school is in session, I'm working out there after classes (in Weslaco). My husband and I have lived in the Valley for almost eight years and we mostly like it except we're far away from family. We like every season except summer, lol.

Replies

• BigShotRobTX
    Options
    Hi I'm Robert...

Yep that's correct I am sure once more people will join here we'll have more posts. I live here in McAllen just moved from San Antonio. I've just started the Keto diet and so far this site and app is helping me add and see what I am consuming. I'm 6'1", 273 lbs and looking to lose the 50 lbs magic number.
  • Kittyvicious1
    Kittyvicious1 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I am also originally from San Antonio, been in the RGV for about 8 years as well. I'm in Edinburg, and I study at UTPA earning my MPA. I joined MFP back in May this year and it has worked for me. I have been kind of absent last few months due to school and mourning my father who past in Sept. Then the unthinkable happened. While getting back in rhythm this thanksgiving, playing racquetball, I sprained my ankle. I am currently recouping. I hoping another week off my ankle I will be ok and ready to go strong.
    Well good luck. I know there are few more on MFP from the RGV that I personally know but I have really kept to myself since I see them here and there. I am sure once they see this post they may join. So, good luck and hope to see some progress pics soon.
  • fultimers
    Options
    It's been difficult for me to keep up with all the school work, classes, preparing the right foods, exercising frequently, and logging everything but I saw what happened in the Spring semester when I didn't do any of those things and I didn't like it.

I hope to eventually end up at UTPA but it will probably be a couple of years since I only take a half load at a time.
  • fultimers
    Options
    Robert, even though I see the notice that you have posted your daily diary, I never see it. Is that on purpose? I was just curious what a Keto diet looks like.
  • BigShotRobTX
    Options
    not sure. I just started. But basically it's keeping your carbs low (20g for the first two weeks) and 2/3 fat, 1/3 protein... that's a rough estimate. Its very hard to change eating habits to stuff without carbs.