Need friends to keep motivated

Options
Looking for friends to help me stay motivated and to help motivate. Mom of 3 and looking to lose 100+ lbs. Would also love to see your diaries

Replies

• dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie,

Welcome to the group. We are a widely varied group of people and I'm sure there are those you will click with here. The weekends have gotten pretty slow for posting, I'm expecting a pickup after the holidays.

As in all things, you will get out as much or more than you put into the group, but the more you post, the more people will know you and be able to give you the support you need.

I know Holly and P1xy are both parents with fairly young kids, and they post often. My kids are closer to your age, so as you will see, we have a group made up of all age ranges. Our common factor is wanting to lose a lot of weight and become healthy. I hope as you go along this process you will get the support you always need. Realize that it may not be what you want to hear, but it may be what you need to hear and I hope it will always be delivered with the caring that I see in this group.

Looking at your profile it appears you have a time limit of sorts. I urge you not to set time goals for this process. I have seen more people get discouraged and quit because their bodies didn't agree with their aggressive mind goals. If you get into this seriously remember that it didn't all come on in a day and it will take just as long or longer to take it back off. Initially you should have some large losses, but it will slow down as you slim down.

Best of luck to you and I do hope to see you posting often!
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    Welcome to the group, it's a great group! I am Holly and one of the moms lol! I have 2 full time kids aged 8 and 14, 2 part time kids aged 4 and 6 and then my .5 kid ( a friends kid we watch often) who is also 14! I do also work full time and my husband is gone on the road all the time so i totally get how hard it can be to find time for me!
    It's great that you know what you want, and I would love to help you stay motivated... My food diary is not open but I can tell you I still have a lot of learning to do!!! I am a very slow and steady type!

I hope you enjoy the group read some threads participate and enjoy the perks of being a part of like minded people!

I am a strong believer in that self help comes from helping others
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm pixy! I'm the other Mom! Welcome to the group! I have three kids as well! Mine are 3, 6 and 8. You're a brave and probably tired woman for having three kids under the age of 3! Kudos for getting on here and having a definite goal in mind. You've given yourself a year, if you work hard you can probably get close. I've seen people on here drop a hundred in a year. But don't don't get too wrapped up in the numbers, a lot of people quit when it doesn't happen quick enough. Even though they were already looking and feeling better. :( If you want it to stay off try to average 1-2 lb a week. Some weeks nothing will happen and then you might get a big drop. Good luck!
    If you want to friend me, you can see my diary but I've been horribly behaved in the last 4 days. lol!
  • shoc369
    shoc369 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi~ I'm Stephanie, and am another Mom! New to this group. I have two kids ages 17 and 19.

My goal is to lose 105 lbs and get back to what I weighed before I had my kids. The weight has slowlyyyyyy crept up on me over the years!

I am hoping I can do this with the help of MFP and people here! I am always available to support and encourage!

My goal is to have all of this weight off by the time my son graduates from high school (June 2015).

I know it won't be easy, but I'm ready!

Stats:
    Height: 5'4"
    Weight: 222 lbs.
    Goal: 117 lbs.