Advocare Catalyst or Thermoplus???

Options
Hey! Currently doing the Advocare 10 day cleanse. I am on Day 2. Wondering if I was only able to purchase 1 more product, which one is best for overall weight loss help? Either Catalyst or Thermoplus? And...why? Thanks in advance!!! :smile:

Replies

• will2lose72
    will2lose72 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hello! It depends on what you are looking for out of the product.

Catalyst is a series of amino acids that are said to promote muscle tone and keep you from losing muscle tone while eating less calories. I love, love Catalyst when I'm working out. Generally it takes me a good 20 minutes into a workout to really start to sweat. Taking Catalyst 15 minutes before a w/o and I build up a sweat much faster into the w/o. For me personally if I take Catalyst and don't workout it tends to make me sick to my stomach. Again, this is a personal thing as I have a few friends who take Catalyst regularly throughout the day w/o issue.

Thermoplus is meant to rev your metabolism while also containing an appetite suppressant. You take it 30 minutes before you eat. This would be more like what people think of as a traditional style overall diet pill and is the basis for the MNS system contained in the 24 day challenge kits. Generally people take Catalyst as an add on to the Thermoplus or the Leptilean style products.

Just my take, hope that helps!
    Mel
  • Littlered9
    Options
    Thanks Mel! Good information! I am worried about supplements, etc. upsetting my stomach as well. My system does not like certain things, so I am hesitant.

Thanks again!
    Lori
  • kt1280
    kt1280 Posts: 19
    Options
    Hey, Lori! My stomach tends to be more on the sensitive side as well. I started ThermoPlus and the MNS-C this morning. So far so good. I don't feel jittery or anything, but I do feel like I have more energy.

I haven't taken Catalyst and considered it, but like Mel said it is more for muscle as opposed to ThermoPlus which helps with metabolism and suppressing your appetite and I personally need the appetite supressant. :)
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I realize this is from over a month ago. I completed the 24-day challenge just shy of a year ago and have continued to take the MNS (I started with 3, switched to E, and am now back to 3). I've tried almost every product in the Trim line. I continue to take the Carb-ease and Catalyst. I don't take them everyday. The Carb-ease only before larger carb-rich meals (like if my family serves pasta). And the catalyst before workouts.

The MNS really helps me with my snacky cravings. I don't graze as much and don't crave sweet and salty. I also don't feel the need to take that 2pm nap every day! My friend uses the 3, which is why I switched. She liked it the best so I gave it a try (plus it's a little less expensive). But I felt like the 3 worked better for me, so I switched back.

That catalyst seems to give me more energy, especially later in my workout when I just want to quit. My legs aren't quite as tired and I am often able to push a little harder at the end of a run.

I did the Thermoplus. But it made me nauseous. Took me about half the bottle to realize that's what was making me sick. Even the smell of it made me sick. I still can't eat anything with sage in it. (I lost a lot of weight on it though! But, not in a good way)

I've done a couple additional Herbal Cleanses since completing the 24-day challenge. Once when I was reaching a weight I was "stuck" at the last time I tried to lose weight. Another when I realized I was starting to snack on crap again. Although I'm not as strict as I was during the 24-day with my food, the cleanse seems to get me back in check with what I am suppose to eat (or not eat). Mostly because for 10-days I don't eat many fats, candy, or beached flour carbs.

Ok, I know this is WAY more than you asked, but it's really about finding a combination that works for you. Oh, and although I am a distributer for Advocare, I don't actively sell.
  • jsingley899
    jsingley899 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have a sensitive tummy as well, and I love using the Thermoplus and Catalyst together. I actually had a bit of an issue last time when I used the MNS system, but the thermoplus and catalyst I am able to use daily with no problem and it does seem to help tremendously!
  • lauraleighwhit
    Options
    Do you recommend thermoplus or leptilean paired with catalyst? Does the thermoplus give a good appetite suppressant?
  • jsingley899
    jsingley899 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura!

Personally, I use the Thermoplus and Catalyst together! I take them both in the morning, then I take my 2nd Catalyst about 30 minutes before lunch, and then again when I go to bed. I just started with the Leptilean, and I find that works well in the evening before supper. For me personally, I am more prone to snack in the evening, so this has definitely helped with that! :)