NutriBlast Recipes

Options
I will be posting different Green Smoothies I have tried with my NutriBullet. I am absolutely having a Blast with these drinks. I can also feel the difference in my body daily. Come join me in drinking live fruits and vegetables.

Please Note: If you are taking any medication, especially cholesterol-lowering medication, blood thinners, blood pressure drugs, tranquilizers, or antidepressants, please check with your doctor before consuming the NUTRIBLAST recipes!

Replies

• ninascott1
    Options
    Phase 1

Toxin Cleansing Blast
    1-2 handfuls of rinsed spinach
    1 cored pear
    1 banana
    1 cup of pineapple
    water
  • irakrishna1
    irakrishna1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Phase 1

Toxin Cleansing Blast
    1-2 handfuls of rinsed spinach
    1 cored pear
    1 banana
    1 cup of pineapple
    water

Mmmm! Can't wait to make this! :P
  • tatiianag13
    tatiianag13 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am constantly searching for low sugar juice recipes, especially one's without bananas. While I enjoy sweet smoothies sometimes, I can't stand sweets prior to meals or as meals--they make me queasy. If you prefer mildly sweet smoothies rather than one's that taste like dessert, here's one I'd like to share. If you prefer sweet smoothies, then don't try this one!

Mildly sweet, banana free smoothie:

1 Tblspoon of chia seeds
    3 tablespoons of coconut cream
    1 tsp of tumeric powder (optional, I do this for health reasons)
    pinch of black pepper (optional, I added this to activate the health properties of the turmeric)
    A splash of water to cover seeds

Add these to the blender and let sit while you prepare everything else. The idea is to let the chia seeds soak for a bit.

2 fingers of peeled ginger (or less if you don't like the zing of raw ginger, but it adds to the undertone of sweetness)
    1 peeled kiwi
    1 cup of blueberries
    2 swiss chard leaves
    1/2 cup of strawberries

Add another 1/2 cup of water. (I wouldn't add nut or coconut milk…the coconut cream is both flavorful and fatty enough. But that's just me.)

It has a touch of sweetness to it. But its not sweet.