christmas is approaching - how are you going to cope?

Options
missdaisy79
missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
That sounds overly dramatic, but bear with me. If like me, you have zero willpower when it comes to all the yummy goodness that is associated with this time of year, what are your plans for counteracting it? How are you going to stop those shimmies from turning into uncontrolled wobbles?

I for one have re-started the 30 day squat challenge. On Christmas Day itself, I have to do 100 squats when I get up before I even have my ridiculously over the top breakfast! And on Boxing Day, I'm thinking about doing a 5 mile run at the seaside. I also have my Kajira dvds which I will be making use of over the holiday period so I am up to speed with the level 2 class when I start back with them in January.

Damage limitation doesn't have to be horrible :wink:

Replies

• WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    How'd it go? I didn't get much exercise in over the holidays but I didn't over eat either so it balanced out. I jumped back in with my regular gym routine (or the best I could since they didn't have classes over the new year) and I go back to dance on Tuesday (we're doing bellydance 101 and reviewing our routines for our Feb performance)
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    It was going ok until Sunday just gone, when I got struck down with a heavy chest cold and I haven't been able to move since. And, because I've been feeling sorry for myself, I've been eating more than I should. Back on it with a vengeance next week when I can move without trying to cough a lung up!
  • lentigogirl
    lentigogirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I ate too many sweets and didn't exercise while I was on travel (away from my machines!), but I'm back! Three hour dance class scheduled for Sunday to get me back into the swing before regular classes & rehearsals start Monday...
  • LilithNoor
    Options
    I need to start working 100 squats into my day as well- went to an intensive class lat week after two months off and was a quivering wreck by the end of it. The lack of dance was what killed me over Xmas, rather than the eating.