First Post - Motivation/Rewards

Options
Not too sure how these groups work and if there is specific theme to this particular group, but since no one has posted yet I figured I'd start the ball rolling.

Wondering if anyone has special motivation and self rewards to loose weight in 2014?

Replies

• Little_Britches_Alpaca
    Options
    My motivation would be, going and buying miss me jeans! I love them, but sadly why waistline will not fit into them! So I started eating healthy and working out everyday. So I have been at it for 8 weeks today and am down 25 lbs. I only have 47 lbs to go!
  • MariFitBody
    MariFitBody Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi! I wanted to join a group here on MFP just to hold myself more accountable. I'm already in a test group that starts Jan. 6th on FB but I also spend some time here in MFP so it sounds like it would be fun. My motivation is my pre knee injury and Surgery body pics. I want it back. I was unable to workout for a long time due to my injuries but I'm 100% pain free and have been working out for a month and a half straight with no problems. So far I'm have way there.
  • jrussoalesi
    jrussoalesi Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Way to go Horserae! Those Miss Me's will be jumping out of the closet on to you sooner than you know it!
  • Transformer711
    Options
    I have a few!

Once I drop another stone, I'll get my hair done at a professional salon.

Once I hit my goal weight, I'm going to get an African Kente dress sewn (it will be as tight as possible to show off my new, fabulous, healthy figure! :happy:)

But along the way, the fact that my weight will be dropping by the week and the knowledge that I'm getting lighter will be my biggest motivation!
  • Racer27h2
    Options
    For the last two years, I set my goal and reward for goal to be a week long Beach Vacation. My travel agent is a friend, I told her if I don't make my number, cancel and she could keep the money. That got both her and wife on-board. Glad to say I hit both targets.

2014, I have a much more aggressive goal and new reward. I race cars (Endurance racing) and to stay in shape between races I go karting. These are not your Toy karts, but Karts that will do over 100MPH and pull 2-3 "G" of force in corners. They are very physicially demanding. I purchased a new kart for this season, hooked up with a factory team and I won't race it until I can put myself in most competitive position possible. This means being fitter overall (Cardio Endurance in particular) but also means I need to be lighter. Seat I ordered was a L verses my customary XL. I won't race until I can hit the track at 185lbs. Every 5 lbs is worth a couple tenths over a single lap and the better conditioning allows for more consistant lap over the course of a race.

I think staring at the Kart daily pre and during season will help keep me motivated and on-track. I've found that once at target a reasonable food plan paired with 3 days at gym and 1 day at kart track was adequate for maintiance. I put on extra weight while recovering from a racing injury requiring surgery and rehab.

Best of luck to all in 2014. I hope motivation stays high, you hit your goals and earn those rewards.

These young fly-weights out there are tough, but this bigger, older guy is looking forward to stepping it up a bit this season and performing better in 2014 and possibly surprise a few people.

The reward for placing well in karting will be a weeklong warm winter family vacation.
  • kerihinsdale
    kerihinsdale Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello I am new on here! I have so many I want to's for 2014 and I know I will :) For my birthday in March I want to wear a really nice dress I have that I can not fit into right now. I want a healthy year no more BP meds for me.
  • lizmurder
    lizmurder Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have a long way to go on my weight loss journey, so I've come up with a little bit of a rewards system. I made a list of things I want (everything from new running shoes to an iPad). Then I set milestones (every 5 lbs lost, not gaining for set time, reaching a number on the scale that I've been aiming for, all the way up to completing a 5k, and of course, reaching my end goal). I allow myself an item off my list that is appropriate for that particular achievement. So far it's working pretty well, and I plan to put it into full effect next year.
  • kelseyjsnyder
    kelseyjsnyder Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Ive been on MFP for a while but just now starting the message boards. I know this sounds contridictory* but my reward for losing weight is going to be to get pregnant and have another child :) I am very much wanting another child but i am already over 200 pounds and need to loose some before I gain it all back :)
  • youknome
    Options
    Lost 80 lbs and bought a new wardrobe of clothes.

But stupidly, gained maybe a quarter of that weight back so need to lose it and get fit for good.

My motivation is to lose the weight within 6 months from January, just in time for summer.
  • Sweetestthing87
    Sweetestthing87 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    My reward will be going to Europe this summer for my birthday. :bigsmile:
    I am going no matter what my progress but knowing that if I lose some weight and feel better about myself, I will most likely be more relaxed and enjoy myself while out and about! I can shop for fun summer dresses and wear them with more confidence.

I have made "Pounds Lost - Pounds To Go" jars and will be able to see my progress with each pound as I get to move them from one jar to the other. I have decorated them with travel items to keep me motivated.

Also, more motivation is my son's high school graduation at the end of May! A lot of good happenings are in strore for 2014!

Lets look and feel our best!! Who is with me!?
  • kmclamb13
    kmclamb13 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I guess this group never got started
  • melissadbates
    melissadbates Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing with their new year's fitness goals? What kind of things are you using to get in shape? Are you taking advantage of MFP and checking in everyday?