SO, I bought a belt

Options
ldarlener
ldarlener Posts: 79 Member
I have been on MFB about 19 weeks. I said I was not going to buy any clothes until I had lost 40lbs. But none of my pants would stay up, even with my belt on the last loop. SO, I broke down and bought a few pants, AND A BELT. Size medium.
I didn't think I would ever be a medium again.
SO, I bought a belt. YAYYYY

Replies

• floridapanthergirl
    Options
    I have been doing thrift stores since before I started MFP. I have dropped over 50 pounds and most of my clothes don't fit anymore, even the ones I have been saving until I lost weight. Sometimes I have to try on 3 or 4 things in the morning before I find one that fits. What a great feeling! You go girl!
  • ldarlener
    ldarlener Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I would definately do thrift stores. But we don't have a good one within a 50 mile driving area.
    I just had to wait until the before Christmas clearance sales.
    I'm still hoping to drop more weight. So, I don't want to invest much in clothes.
  • shutrbugz
    Options
    Congratulations to both of you on your weight loss successes!!! :flowerforyou:
  • pinkgrandmaof8
    pinkgrandmaof8 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Tess and have been a member of MFP for almost a year and a member of this group as well. I've been "inactive" in the group because when I started, nobody was posting, so I'm happy to reconnect and get to know you all.

I have been able to drop just shy of 50# and have managed to stay within a couple of pounds over the holidays. Now, I am trying to eat for health as I have scleroderma, lupus, sjogrens and Reynaud's. All autoimmune diseases in case you are not too familiar.I also have some heart issues and am a 13 yr. stage three breast cancer survivor. (Had double mastectomy in 2007.)

I'm married for almost 40 yrs and am 59. I'm Grandmother to 8 (per my name) and mother to two wonderful daughters. I'm a Christian for over 30 yrs. and my faith has gotten me through the toughest parts of life, along with an amazing supportive husband!
    My life has also been, and continues to be, filled with blessings and happiness! I try my best to live a life of gratitude, not to say that I have been perfect. There are days that are more of a challenge than others, but there are so many who are worse off in various ways. God and my family have always has been there for me.

I'm looking forward to making new friends here and getting to know you. Wishing you all blessings and the best in this new year. :-)

Tess
  • shutrbugz
    Options
    Hi Tess! I love and admire your spirit! Congratulations on your weight loss successes — Wow! You are surely an inspiration!!! :heart:
  • arthurpa12345
    Options
    I just started MFP this past Sunday. I like the calorie and exercise count. It makes it easy to make good decisions. My starting weight is 161.4 and for over a year, I just wanted to get down to 155, but it never happened on my own. This gives me motivation. My goal is 140 lbs. I am eating healthier and exercising more and that is making me feel better. How did you lose all your weight? Any suggestions will help. Pam