New to MFP and getting sleeved on 12/30/13 :)

Options
Hey guys! One of the biggest reasons I decided to join mfp was for the support and community. I just started my liver reduction diet and am having my surgery the day before new years eve. I think it would be great to make some friends who are going through this process and who have already been there :)

Replies

• cKarlLose
    Options
    I'm having mine on the 30th too!

Good luck!
  • chelleshook12
    Options
    Hey yall I just wanted to join here and get some insight I will be getting my surgery within the next 2 months... I have my nutritionist appt and psyche appt then submitting it to my insurance. Hopefully I'll have a surgery buddy around my surgery date. Good luck to you both :) beginning the rest of your life!
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Good luck to all of you! I was sleeved on 7/8/13. Love my sleeve!
  • kdruger
    Options
    I was sleeved 11/18/2013. I had no problems and I am so glad did it. I lost 25 lbs so far and am looking forward to my new life. I wish you all the best. Feel free to message me if you have any questions. Best of luck to you. You are starting the New Year off in the best way possible
  • segwayne
    segwayne Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Most importantly, Happy New Year! That sounds like a great way to start the new year off right, and best of luck..

(I'm still "in the queue" for March/April)

Wayne
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Yep, GREAT way to begin the new year! 50lbs gone forever since September and I'm off most of my meds! Never would have thought this former couch potato would actually enjoy getting up at 4:30am to work out! You'll NEED MFP to stay on track afterwards. It's so easy to get sloppy. I don't mean eating a lot, just eating\drinking poorly or not enough catches up with me in a big hurry. I need this tool now more than ever to stay well!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    You can add me as friend, totally agree with other post about needing MFP. You can't really count the 1st 20-25 lbs. Those are gonna come off without any big work on your part.....after that the real commitment begins. My nutritionist started me on 650 calories a day. After a month my new goal is 750 -850 calories a day 70%protein and avoid all processed food. This has led to about a pound wt loss every 3 days. I started at 253 day of surgery 11/20/13 and I was 216 two days ago (37# loss in 35 days) I am at my in-laws for x-mas and they don't own a scale. 3wks after surgery I stalled and my nutritionist recommended MFP to keep me on track. I am aiming for 200# by end of January. MFP helps you with hidden calories,salt and carbs. Today I found out that international coffee hazelnut creamer has waaaaay too many calories. Don't know why I thought it was calorie free. I wasn't even logging it before! Sneaky processed food. Half and half has half the calories of this. Good luck!
  • groisamomma
    Options
    I was sleeved one week ago and was just told I'm dehydrated. I couldn't keep anything down, not even liquids. Lost 11 lbs this week but I feel like cr@p.

Will post with good news soon.

Good luck to all of you.
  • LucyLoodog
    Options
    Hi! We got ours, my hubby and I, on July 11.13, and I'm done 68lbs so far! He's down 76lbs! Initially couldn't even eat a whole egg, but It does get better? My problem Is, what the hell to make for dinner when 10 bites in you're full?
  • capecodgirl50
    capecodgirl50 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    how are you doing?
  • alyssacrystal18
    Options
    Hi I am new on here also. I got my sleeve done on12-31-13. Trying but having a hard time getting in all my liquids especially protein drinks. Hopefully I dont get dehydrated.
  • godsnurse1
    Options
    Hi, Sleeved on 11/15. Just do your best!!! I set alarm reminders in my phone because the only way to get it in is by sips Allll day.
    & you will avoid dehydration. It gets better!!
  • szbikowski
    Options
    I am scheduled to get my VSG on 1/13/14 and I'm currently on my 3rd day of liquids pre-surgery. These first three days have been pretty easy for me, but I'm anxious about getting through the next 7 days, and even post surgery. I'm looking forward to all of your advise and helpful information concerning any and every aspect of the VSG. Thanks in advance. Good luck everyone!
  • Mangopickle
    Options
    Hi I am new on here also. I got my sleeve done on12-31-13. Trying but having a hard time getting in all my liquids especially protein drinks. Hopefully I dont get dehydrated.
    Completely sympathize. I get busy and forget to drink. Protein drinks can be really annoying to get down but I find if I don't hit at least 50 in protein a day nausea begins to stalk me. Same with hydration. I loved my Unjury strawberry sorbet before surgery but now I find it revolting. Still I gag it down when my protein intake is low at the end of the day. premier protein snack shakes are convenient to keep at work. The better I hydrate and the higher the protein intake the better I feel. I have been happy with the wt loss. 44 lbs in 47 days. yes, I feel a tad weak and am easily fatigued but I am focusing on completely restructuring my daily food. Without my Kryptonite foods I am easily bored these days. I am having to try all sorts of new dishes to see what works for the long term.
  • capecodgirl50
    capecodgirl50 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    do you need to do a liver reduction? is that mandatory?
  • Mangopickle
    Options
    do you need to do a liver reduction? is that mandatory?
    at Vanderbilt you eat normally(as part of your 6 month wt loss plan) until about 3 days before. Other surgeons have other plans. Surgery is a 1/500 risk of death even for a healthy person so some surgeons may want significant wt loss prior to surgery if you are over a certain BMI
  • melanieyeatts
    Options
    Hi everyone...I am having surgery Thursday, Jan 9th! Day after tomorrow...OMG!!! I have been on the liquid diet for 10 days now, lost 11 pounds, I am self-pay and have paid all my fees in advance. There is no going back now but I have to admit that I am very nervous!! Excited about my future but worried about complications.

Anyone else having surgery soon and share the same anxiety?
  • lindahetherington
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am scheduled Jan 29, 2013. I am excited and anxious mostly about the unknown. Is there a lot of pain after surgery, and how will I go back to work and eat or drink every two hours? Other than that, I can't wait to lead a healthy and happier lifestyle again. Thank you for posting all your comments, it is reassuring to hear about others who have been there. Looking forward to this awesome journey together.
  • dsjsmom23
    dsjsmom23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone...I am having surgery Thursday, Jan 9th! Day after tomorrow...OMG!!! I have been on the liquid diet for 10 days now, lost 11 pounds, I am self-pay and have paid all my fees in advance. There is no going back now but I have to admit that I am very nervous!! Excited about my future but worried about complications.

Anyone else having surgery soon and share the same anxiety?

Good luck tomorrow!
  • souldancer2828
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    I am so excited to see so many sleevers on here. I guess I'm an old timer, I've had my sleeve for 3.5 years. The holidays are always challenging food and exercise wise but I'm back on track and my gym bag is here at work with me today for the first time in awhile. I hope you don't mind me jumping on the thread but reading it was a great reminder for me to go back to basics. Don't eat and drink close together, focus on protein, MOVE MOVE MOVE, and stay away from the trigger/slider foods that tend to be a problem.
    I am still so happy that I made the decision to get the sleeve and never regret it. If you ever have any questions I'm happy to try and answer. Congrats to everyone who has recently gotten their surgery and to those whose date is coming up- you'll do just fine!!!

Bettina