Why are we kind to others and mean to ourselves? 12/23

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
http://shrinkingjeans.net/2013/09/10-steps-to-loving-yourself/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+ShrinkingJeans+(Shrinking+Jeans)

I feel compelled for many reasons to post both of these articles. One this is a very hard time of year for some people. They may not have a family or have access to get to their family, experienced a loss and the pain resurfaces, new to an area and have no friends yet or they just plain feel lonely...a very real and devastating feeling.

Reach out to someone and say a smiling hello. If you know someone is alone for the holidays offer to come by or take them a plate of dinner. Call someone. Suicide is real and it comes upon the minds of many. Ones we least expect why when suicide happens most are so shocked.

The other reason is be kind to yourself. Don't call yourself names or persecute yourself for not being perfect with how you eat or exercise or for any reason for that matter. We grow in life. Why do we have this idea we all are to be perfect? It sets us all up for anxiety and excess stress. What is wrong with being the best YOU?!?! During this season and at New Year's please vow to treat yourself well...challenge self but do not berate yourself with negative thoughts. Saying bad things to yourself can show on the outside and lead to depression self doubt and as above for some suicide. Be kind to others but yourself too!

http://shrinkingjeans.net/2013/12/self-kindness-sunday/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+ShrinkingJeans+(Shrinking+Jeans)

Love and big hugs,
WW

PS yes this is a mental challenge!!!!!!

Replies

• verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Thank you - you so often think about the inner part of this process. I appreciate your care and concern that you express to us all the time. And I will take your messages with me.
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    The self talk is also another reason why I did the "100 Awesome Things about me" challenge. It was a bit hard to silence the inner negative voice. I'd write something and then later have to go change it as I realized that one part was positive but the next half was a negative comment. We are often our worse critics. So, in effort to beat that voice down, I thought I'd practice some positive talk.