Goals/Frustrations

Options
2»

Replies

• jordymils
    jordymils Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Now that the new year has begun, I have written up a proper list of crossfit goals for myself. I have no idea how long it will take me to achieve these - some will be faster than others - but I'm EXCITED to push myself to make them all happen!! The list is on the fridge so I'll see it all the time :)

So. Goals for 2014:
    - Unassisted strict pull ups
    - Be able to do unassisted kipping pull ups in WODs (can currently only do a couple, so use a band to get through WODs)
    - Full toes to bar, then eventually do them in WODs
    - Full handstand pushup (currently using one ab mat)
    - Walking handstand
    - 100kg deadlift for 5x3 (currently 72.5kg)
    - 80kg back squat for 5x3 (currently 60kg)
    - 60kg power clean for 5x3 (currently 45kg)
    - 45kg power snatch for 5x3 (currently 32.5kg)

I know it's a lot, but I figure I have the whole year ahead of me so pleeeeenty of time!!
  • MoJokes
    MoJokes Posts: 691
    Options
    Now that the new year has begun, I have written up a proper list of crossfit goals for myself. I have no idea how long it will take me to achieve these - some will be faster than others - but I'm EXCITED to push myself to make them all happen!! The list is on the fridge so I'll see it all the time :)

So. Goals for 2014:
    - Unassisted strict pull ups
    - Be able to do unassisted kipping pull ups in WODs (can currently only do a couple, so use a band to get through WODs)
    - Full toes to bar, then eventually do them in WODs
    - Full handstand pushup (currently using one ab mat)
    - Walking handstand
    - 100kg deadlift for 5x3 (currently 72.5kg)
    - 80kg back squat for 5x3 (currently 60kg)
    - 60kg power clean for 5x3 (currently 45kg)
    - 45kg power snatch for 5x3 (currently 32.5kg)

I know it's a lot, but I figure I have the whole year ahead of me so pleeeeenty of time!!

Well thats true, it is a lot. I have goals similar to yours so what i have done is planned a route to those goals. I made them achievable I think.
    All the best with yours :)
  • MoJokes
    Options
    Some of you are on my mfp so know my goals, for others here they are. I have also wrote up a plan of how I want to get to my goals.

Fitness
    3. Deadlift – 1.75 x my bodyweight (125kg)
    o How: 5 @ 40% 1RM, 5 @ 50% 1RM, 5@60% 1 RM, 4 @ 75% 1RM, 3@ 85%, 1 @ 95%, 1RM attempt.
    4. Squat – 1.75 x my bodyweight (125kg)
    o How: 5 @ 40% 1RM, 5 @ 50% 1RM, 5@60% 1 RM, 4 @ 75% 1RM, 3@ 85%, 1 @ 95%, 1RM attempt.
    5. Bench – Bodyweight
    6. Pull Ups – 12 Strict
    o How: Follow Pull up Program. Add 5-10kg to bodyweight and do 60-70% of max effort (ie 10). 5 sets, a minutes rest inbetween.
    7. 5k run – Establish a benchmark, then proceed to beat it.
    8. 5k row - Establish a benchmark, then proceed to beat it.
    9. Swimming –
    o Start to put more time into this as like pull ups I dislike it, but I’ve always wanted to be good at it. I achieved my target of ten pull ups. With swimming I want to get to a point where I find it as easy as running.
    Wellbeing
    10. Introduce yoga – once a week
    o Reason: improve flexibility and introduce new stretches to cooldown routines.

I did just copy this from a Word doc. I thought, its ok to set goals but how will I get to them?

If anyone could advise of anything else i could do, i would welcome it. By the way, regarding the lifts, it will take me time to get to my goal, but i plan on increasing my 1rm week by week, so the following week i will be lifting slightly more in each set.
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I have decided to get more specific with my goals:

Run 2 5Ks
    Clean over 200 lbs (currently at 180)
    Back squat over 300 lbs (currently at 280)
    Jerk over 200 lbs (currently at 170)
    Front squat over 250 lbs (currently at 205)
    Get double unders
    Get strict handstand push-ups
    Get kipping pull-ups
  • DaisyCrazy82
    DaisyCrazy82 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My Goals for 2014:

-Pull-ups without a band
    -HSPU
    -DU's (more than 10 in a row)
    -Run at least one 5km race this summer
    -Dead Lift 225lbs
  • MoJokes
    Options
    My Goals for 2014:

-Pull-ups without a band
    -HSPU
    -DU's (more than 10 in a row)
    -Run at least one 5km race this summer
    -Dead Lift 225lbs

I have a pull up plan for that ;)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1154314-pull-up-program-for-those-who-can-do-0-9?page=1#posts-18065609
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    My goals for 2014 are as follows (we shared them at our box so we can keep accountable)

Lose 50 lbs (this would put me about 245, I would then evaluate and decided where to go from there and probably would focus more on recomp than fat l
    Get double unders
    Do strict pull ups
    Get handstands
    Get a good rack position

Others:
    Run a sub 30 minute 5k
    Squat 375
    Deadlift 375
    Press 150
    Perfect technique on the Olympic lifts and start adding weight

I need to sit down this week and map out my plan as to how and when I want to tick these off. Double unders and rack position are going to be the first two.
  • MDLNH
    MDLNH Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    My goals for 2014 are as follows

Lose 25 lbs (*which should help w/ a few of my CrossFit & other goals)

*for my CrossFit goals:
    Double-Unders: Get to 10 in a row
    Strict Pull-Ups: Do to 5 legit (chin above the bar) pull-ups
    HSPU and HS Holds
    Squat 350
    Deadlift 425
    Press 150

**for my "Other" goals:
    Run a 1/2 Marathon in under 2:00 hours (*and maybe run my 1st Full Marathon).
    Complete a Olympic Triathlon (*and maybe a Half-Iron Man)
    Spend more quality time w/ my family (*when not training*)

Just need to focus, plan my training scheudle out and sign-up for the events !!!

Happy New Year !!!
  • alysa521
    alysa521 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My goals aren't really for 2014 as I have a list in my log book running consistently and then when i achieve it I cross it out and add a new one. Here is my list currently

-Muscle up
    -Consistently RX HSPU in WODs
    -Clean and Jerk 153# (currently 148#)
    -Backsquat over 200# (curerntly 193)
    -Deadlift 283# (currently 263#)
    -consistent ring dips RX in WODs
    -Snatch 123# (currently 113#)
    -25 consecutive pullups (17 is my current best)
    - 15 min of mobility work every night (I probably only do this about 4 days a week now)
  • ahemming1
    ahemming1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    2014 Goals:

Butterfly Pull-ups
    Muscle Up
    Improve DUs
    Get to 15-19% body fat. Currently at 24%. 15% is ultimate goal, would be happy with 19% this year
    Maintain or improve strength while losing fat. Did it last year, hoping to do it again.
    Move up 100 in the Open standings in my Division. (Worldwide Masters, not just my Region)

I don't make resolutions, but my word for the year is COMMIT

Good luck to all and Happy New Year!
  • jordymils
    jordymils Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I got my first toe to bar today!!
    The WOD was 30-20-10 overhead squats and T2B, and I probably only got 3-4 full T2B in the whole WOD but got a whole lot closer to the bar than I used to for the rest of them.
    Now just need to work on improving them and getting more than 1 at a time, but very happy that I got my first proper one :)
  • MUALaurenClark
    MUALaurenClark Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    That's awesome Jordy great job
  • kathheen
    kathheen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have so many goals i want to achieve in crossfit.

I really need better upper body strength

pull ups - im doing assisted pull ups but still tap my toe on the box and i need to get that box away from my feet if i try i only manage 2 at a big push!

Next goal im currently working on is getting over the fear of the boxjumps! i can do the 16' no bother then moved onto the 20' which was great for a few weeks until i missed the box and cut open my shin....big ouch! So i just started stepping up on the 20' until last week i went back to the 16' to get my confidence back and hoping in the next couple of weeks i get over my 'fear' of the box jumps!

To do more than 5 pistols in a row - only managed to do my first few in December so im still learning :)

To get passed 15 double unders

To master the clean with heavier weights its the most frustrating when you know you can squat heavier but cant clean the bar!

So exciting when you achieve a goal im so looking forward to the next few months
  • jpresson3
    Options
    Just getting back into crossfit after knee surgery (Not from crossfit) and had to set goals all over again.

1- 10 Strict Pull-ups
    2- Just 1 muscle-up
    3- 50 Double Unders

Hopefully this will all come with patience and practice.