Introducing myself

Options
So here's my story...high school football (All Area), basketball, and baseball (through sophomore year) player in high school, about 210 - 220 at graduation. Kept lifting a couple of years into college and put on about 20 more "good" pounds, so 230 or 240 and still had guys stopping me and asking me about working out, etc. Fast forward 15 years or so, 11 yrs of marriage, and 3 kids and here I am at 303 pounds, not able to wear a single pair of pants I got for Christmas. I joined the gym about a year ago and have been going 3 x/week but always go back to what I love and what I'm good at - lifting, not running or swimming or walking like I know I need to be doing. My diet is what sucks though. Portion distortion, bad choices, too many carbs (taters) and too many caloric drinks....I know what to do, just have to get my mind right and do what I know is right. I have an "old-timers" basketball game on March 15 and I really want to show up in good shape. 240 is really my goal (high school weight + 10%) but I'd love to start with a 10% loss of current weight by the game in March.