New Years Bogus Resolutions! 12/26

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
Okay get your head in the game and get it in right! We all have done the New Year's thing wrong sometime before in our lives so let's do it right this go round and in the future. I am focusing lately on mental because the MENTAL is what drives the BEHAVIOR!!!!! We can go hard with fitness challenges later.
But let's face it it is hard for some this time of year. I like this approach to goal setting for the new year. I don't think of myself as a failure if I did not accomplish a goal last year...I analyze the "why didn't this happen? What were my obstacles?" and I try to rethink how to go about it the next time. I celebrate the things I was able to do and I think "do I want to continue or was this just a "woo hooo I did it" thang. YOU assess yourself and see how your year went. Think how you want it to go this coming year.
https://medium.com/live-your-truth/294c49560d6a

Now this I like because these generalizations are such a set up for failure! Please share with others these are what not to do! Especially the 900 calories per day. I see so many on MFP doing this and they are so miserable.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/17/weight-loss-resolutions-shouldnt-make_n_4426578.html?utm_hp_ref=tw&utm_content=buffer3eaa0&utm_source=buffer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Buffer

FEEDBACK!

WW

Replies

• ShellyAnn46
    ShellyAnn46 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I love the mental analysis versus the always predictable physical. My main focus this year is to take things day to day and make 30 mins at least a daily goal. Always finding balance between strength training, cardio & healthy food choices. So simple to some but hard to do for others.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Well, now that I know what's wrong and it's in correction (the meds are the best they can be for me) so now I can refocus on the food and exercise (I will be so happy to get back to my regular workout routines after not working out for over a week!) and hopefully start to see some changes over the next year.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    I love the mental analysis versus the always predictable physical. My main focus this year is to take things day to day and make 30 mins at least a daily goal. Always finding balance between strength training, cardio & healthy food choices. So simple to some but hard to do for others.

Amen sister AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!