I think Shaun T wants to kill me !!

Options
So !! My New Years Resolution was to start Insanity by Shaun T !! I bought it for myself for Christmas ! So since I had it I figured why not start it today on Boxing Day !! I made it through the first 10 minutes and realized I may have bought death in a box. Anyone have the same experience ?? Will it get easier ?? I am going to continue to do it everyday until I can at least make it through the first DVD, but I honestly don't think I should push myself any harder for today. My body feels like it got run over by a bus !! I am not a quitter though so I don't plan on giving up on this, but I do feel defeated that I can't finish it today !! Kind of brings me down a bit. I was doing Cardio Kickboxing with Chris Fregtay and did find it hard at first, but after awhile adjusted. Advice ? Criticism ? Tips ? Personal Experience ? Anything will help !!

Replies

• Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Hi..
    It does get easier.. just keep at it.. keep the following in mind
    Take breaks when you need it.
    When you have to do pushup / Moutain climbers, or Jumping jacks or what ever, give your self a number to complete don't worry aobut the 30seconds or 45 second mark. Then the next session just add one.

Good Luck
  • lijsda1
    lijsda1 Posts: 169
    Options
    I agree it does get easier. If you do need to take a break don't stop the tape. The next time you do the workout try to push past where you stopped. You will be running circles around Shaun T in no time.
  • kgreenRDLDN
    kgreenRDLDN Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hi..
    It does get easier.. just keep at it.. keep the following in mind
    Take breaks when you need it.
    When you have to do pushup / Moutain climbers, or Jumping jacks or what ever, give your self a number to complete don't worry aobut the 30seconds or 45 second mark. Then the next session just add one.

Good Luck

That's actually a Really good idea, I never thought about that.
  • kgreenRDLDN
    kgreenRDLDN Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    So !! My New Years Resolution was to start Insanity by Shaun T !! I bought it for myself for Christmas ! So since I had it I figured why not start it today on Boxing Day !! I made it through the first 10 minutes and realized I may have bought death in a box. Anyone have the same experience ?? Will it get easier ?? I am going to continue to do it everyday until I can at least make it through the first DVD, but I honestly don't think I should push myself any harder for today. My body feels like it got run over by a bus !! I am not a quitter though so I don't plan on giving up on this, but I do feel defeated that I can't finish it today !! Kind of brings me down a bit. I was doing Cardio Kickboxing with Chris Fregtay and did find it hard at first, but after awhile adjusted. Advice ? Criticism ? Tips ? Personal Experience ? Anything will help !!

I agree. I bought it for my fiancé and I to do (his idea) and I think it will kill him with his asthma. I find I try to keep up, but in the end I just can't...not yet at least. The first response to your post was actually a really good idea-give yourself a number to do and don't worry about speed. When he speeds up, just keep going at your own pace. Take plenty of breaks and drink plenty of water. I started it but have not been able to do it daily, I'm going to start on the daily attempts this evening. I just let the tape keep running when I take a break, then I just jump back in when I can.

Eventually it will get easier as you get in better shape, but until then you are not alone with the death in a bod idea!!
  • carakit
    carakit Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Dont worry it will get better!! When I first started out I could barely complete the warm up and the first couple weeks my calfs were killing me. But I just did as everyone else has recommended. Rest when I needed it and then next time I would try to push myself a little harder. I invested in a heart rate monitor and when my heart rate would get over a certain point I would stop and rest. Keep at it!! :)
  • danahouseholderr
    danahouseholderr Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

I just recently started Insanity on December 30th, so definitely looking for some Insanity buddies :)

And no worries! I take quick breaks very often through out the workouts as I am NOT that intense yet! I've worked out in the past but have taken a few month hiatus so it's hard for me to keep up as well. And what carakit said, a heart rate monitor is good to have because if mine goes above a certain level I'll take a moment to catch my breath and jump back in.

You can also modify some moves if you can't fully do them yet and then work your way into them. Like for the power jacks I don't do the whole jump yet, instead I'll just do basic squats without the jumps until I feel comfortable adding that in, same with push ups -- I do those on my knees for now until I can build more strength.
  • lajj81
    lajj81 Posts: 1
    Options
    I did my first day of Insanity yesterday. I was hard to do but I did stop when I felt I needed to. At one point I was on the floor trying to catch my breath. I believe it will get better if you keep doing it. I plan to keep it up and finish the 60 day plan. Anyone else just starting Insanity?
  • samh131
    Options
    Hey! Started insanity this week, I'm on day 3 bad I feel like I've bed in a car accident! Loving it though.

It's a great feeling that you've really worked!

Good luck peeps! X
  • ksherma1
    ksherma1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    hey i have had insanity for about a year now and i keep starting and stopping but i am restarting it tommorrow adn im gunna try to finish it this time but it is really difficult as you put it death in a box is pretty much what it is but atleast you know you are getting a good work out in once ur done. i love the dvd's and they are extra hard but worth it so keep pushing forward it will get a little easier the wrokouts arent designed to be easy so push forward if ya need support send me a message!
  • Lucindab1
    Lucindab1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    DAY 2, My calves are NUMB!!!! :laugh: NO PAIN NO GAIN! I finally get it! GOOD LUCK everybody!