Heart Rate Monitors

Any advice/stories from members or the team about which monitors are good? I would ideally like one that works for swimming to if such a device exists...found the name of one but it isn't a well known brand and that bothers me a bit. Does anyone have experience with one made by Garmin/Polar if indeed they have made one for swimming and land? Thanks!

Replies

• Hey Jemima, Happy new years!
    Yes I've had much experience with many monitors, none that have been used for underwater use though.. you may need to check other online reviews when it comes to that one.
    With most monitors you get what you pay for. Polar and Garmin are both very capable, usually you can pick up a good watch and band online for around $80-150.
    I personally have used the Polar FT7 Monitor which was about $110 and have used it for well over a year now with no troubles, I use it to make sure I'm keeping my heart rate up during my weights training sessions, it's certainly an eye opener!
    I used the website www.eastbay.com to get my monitor, it was very reasonably priced and didn't take long for it to be shipped over.
    Give us a yell whenever if you have any other questions!
    Jordin
    Gym Tonic