Anone sleeved March/April/May 2013?

Options
Casjosh
Casjosh Posts: 7 Member
HI everyone. I was sleeved in April 2013 (I was a band to sleeve revision). Lost 37 lbs quickly....but haven't lost since August. Just had a check up and my surgeon is wanting me to get an upper GI done to check things out.....been experiencing some slight reflux but also able to eat breads, which he feels I shouldn't...so thinks maybe the stomach is too wide. My other problem is I have yet to exercise. I do some walking, but nothing regularly...so I am changing that in the new year. Will start walking on treadmill and riding bike at least 3x a week. My daughters schedule changed so she will go with me (which is what I am sorry to say, I need...someone to push me). And water intake...I need to do more of that.

Just wanted to introduce myself and would like to connect with those who had the sleeve around the same time I did.

:happy:

Replies

• bbygrl1957
    bbygrl1957 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes i was sleeved in May 2013. My goal for the new year is exercise more also. I walk but not on a regular basis and would like for that to change. As of a week before Christmas i have lost 100 lbs. I gained 2 back over the holiday but am back on track. That stupid fudge!!! lol Good luck to you!!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Have you considered letting go of bread? I gave it up 7 years ago when my wt was skyrocketing to 300#. Proceeded carbs like bread make me REALLY hungry. Food made from processed grains and potato are my krytonite foods. One taste and I am like a junkie looking for the next fix. It takes about 12 hours for me to get past the cravings. The last time I had fresh baked baguette I pretty much ate the whole thing with a quarter pound of butter. I also avoid bakeries now. At my support group one of the ladies was telling me I should try these protein chips. I explained that ANY chip was krytonite to my self control. She understood, her krytonite food is candy. Don't give up you can beat this!
  • Casjosh
    Options
    Yes I am definitely giving up the bread. I think that is my biggest downfall. And drinking with meals. I got back into that bad habit. I am going to try this 5 day pouch test. Has anyone tried it? It will help jump start your weight loss and get me back on track
  • Mangopickle
    Options
    What is the 5 day pouch test? I have replaced simple carbs(grains potatoes) with healthy fat at most meals. Avocado, cream cheese etc. this gives me this rich taste. I use carrots and celery instead of crackers with dips. I can control dips and cheeses so I don't worry about them being low in calories, tho I do stick to 1 portion.
  • Mangopickle
    Options
    Man, I hate this auto spell crap. I end up with all these postings with misspelled words and the wrong words. Previous post was supposed to say Kryptonite foods.
  • Casjosh
    Options
    The 5 day pouch test is basically days 1 and 2 liquid protein, day 3 soft protein,
    Day 4 firm protein and day 5 is solid. You can go to www.5daypouchtest.com
    I have seen your diary and did notice the good food choices :)
  • teachren
    Options
    Hey there!

I was sleeved May 13, 2013. I'm down 120 pounds since then. I've pretty much stuck to 650 cals, 80+ protein and under 40 carbs. I did have some significant stalls along the way but for the most part kept losing pretty steadily up until month 6 and it has slowed down.

I have been exercising 3-4 times a week for the most part with walking in between. I do think that has helped in my weight loss and has certainly helped me increase my muscle mass. Even in the months I wasn't losing much friends and family kept telling me I was losing (even though the scale certainly didn't show much)...so I attribute that to the aerobics and weight lifting.

My diary is open if you want a look...although I was on a cruise over Christmas and didn't log for almost 2 weeks. And...i certainly over indulged...and gained a couple of pounds. I have since lost them just getting back to basics this week.

If you want a friend to help with the motivation...just request! :-)

Cheers,

Renee