Trying to get a jump on the season!

Options
I've had a few weeks off from scrimmaging and a couple of weeks off skating entirely, then lots of turkey and alcohol. I'm actually worried about starting up again in another couple of weeks! Lol.

Went back to the gym yesterday, pushed myself with lots of weights and some cardio, and then despite the temperature sitting at about 2'C I'm thinking it's time for an outdoor skate today.

I want to go back and not be in horrible wheezing pain on the first training session! Haha. Are you guys having an off season right now? Enjoying it?

Replies

• klobz11
    klobz11 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Our league goes back to training on the 2nd February. I knew I wasn't going to get to bout towards the end of the last year so I was already planning my pre-season back in November. I've been hitting up the local skating rink to work on things, started crossfit and took up running again. I really want this year to be my breakthrough year for derby in regards to finally getting to bout, so hopefully all this hard work pays off :)
  • dorkus619
    Options
    We did have an off season for the holidays. We started up again Jan 2nd! Boy I was so worn out those first few practices. And our first scrimmage was total chaos - like we all forgot how to play! HA! After that things tightened back up really quickly and we seem to be back to where we were at the end of last season.

Hope your seasons are going well so far!

-Point Setta