Chronic fatigue and weight loss

Options
I have been dealing with fybromaliga big time for the last 14 years.
Each time I set a goal to get in better shape I hurt myself in the first few weeks or crash from the chronic fatigue. Destroying any momentum I have built up.
This time i am doing it very differently. I am giving myself a calorie goal as the sedentary person I have become the last decade.
Yes, I am using my WII fit program as I can.
Yes I am even getting out for short walks from time to time. Slowly I want my activity to increase into a stable workout but this time i am not failing, as with a sedentary amount of calories, I am losing weight! And when i hurt to much to do much I am not failing.
When i crash and sleep for 20 hours I am able to still loss weight. MFP is the greatest thing to happen to me in a very long time.
It is teaching me to move forward and not wallow in the state I had gotten too.
I have been feeling like my old self right from the first day I signed up with MFP. Now 55 days later I am living with a loss of 26 pounds and my daily pain is on a level that i have not been on in 12 years.
My doctors are saying keep doing what you are doing and I know I will. This time I am not set up to fail. It is all positive.
Started out with a goal to loss 84 pounds and now I need to loss 58 pounds. It just makes me happy, to understand how I can do this now.
I am not on a diet. I count my calorie intake and when I am up to excising I am shown the earned calories.
I am able to eat back some of those calorie and still feel like i really got something done that day. And it is not just a guess MFP adjusts the calories according to my changing body.
Even slowly learning to adjust what kind of calories help me stay healthy. Showing a goal of the calories in proportions of protein,fats,carbs ect. If you are dealing with health issues how are you finding MFP is able to help you?

Replies

• stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I've had inflammatory arthritis since I was a child. It got to the point several years ago, that I could barely do my job, because I couldn't open or close my hands. I had to see a rheumatologist who wanted to put me on chemo pills to reduce the swelling in my joints, but instead put me on steroids and a medication that's also used to treat malaria. At that point, I was nearly 200 lbs, which is way too heavy for my 5'2" frame. About the time the meds really started working, I got pregnant and had to quit. I lost weight during my pregnancy, though, and I found it helped! I haven't taken the meds since then, and have lost nearly 30 lbs, most of which was with the help of MFP. :)