SOS shout out Sundays 12/29

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
So troops how is it going? How are you passing through the holu days this year? How is this year compared to last year?
You learn or do anything different?

Replies

• maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    It's my birthday, my son's was yesterday and I've been on vacation for the last 10 days. And I had a great time with all of it. But I made "better" choices than I would have in the past, or at least ate less of those special foods. It wasn't perfect, but I didn't stress, just enjoyed myself and my family.

The past 3 Christmas seasons have been rough. My mom was dying and then gone right after the holidays were over and it hasn't been a happy time for me. This year was different and we went to see my granddaughter who is 5. The awe on her face when the lights came on the tree; making cookies (and only 3 batches, not 10!) was gratifying. And most special to me was the joy she showed in giving gifts. She loved it! That generous spirit gives me hope for the first time in a long time.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Was doing pretty good through the holidays visiting my family. We skyped my sister so we could watch my nephew open presents for his first Christmas, then later in the day we skyped again so my grandfather and step grandmother could see him. My grandfather was amazed by the whole skype thing, at 91 he's seen a lot of new things and this one just blew him away.
    Started thinking that this year was going to end on a pretty decent note for once, but woke up Sat morning to find that someone had keyed my car and it turned out to be $1,000 worth of damage. I now have people convinced it was intentional because whomever did it didn't just key down the side of the car, they also scribbled on the driver's door and a little on the rear driver's side door and now I am fearful that I am not safe and that once I get my car back that this person will do it again (I did file a police report but there's not a lot they can do since no one saw anything and it truly could have been a random occurance)