Welcome-Tell us about you :)

Options

Replies

• Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    If you wonder which celebrities do P90X3, I saw Mark Schlereth, famous football player and ESPN analyst, tweeting his copy of P90X3 arrived in the mail today.

https://twitter.com/markschlereth

Mike
  • Ledgehanger
    Ledgehanger Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hello from a late entry to the group. :)

I'm 44 years old, and have so far lost about 200 pounds. (Unfortunately it's been mostly about 20 pounds at a time, with a 25 pound gain between them... :laugh: )

I did pretty well about a year ago with weight loss and fitness for a while, but eventually allowed life to get in the way, allowed myself to get too busy, stopped watching what I was eating, and stopped exercising. Over the last couple of months I've been thinking I needed to get back to it, and decided the new year was the right time to do it. I ordered myself a copy of P90X3 (which arrived yesterday), and have started tracking my food again.

I'm looking forward to P90X3, as I like the idea of the shorter workouts in which I can still feel like I'm accomplishing something and working hard. I've done the original P90X about halfway through, but really struggled to set aside that much time each day. Half an hour, though, is short enough that if I don't get it in at least the majority of the time, I'm really just making excuses...

I'd like to get down below 200 pounds for the first time in many years - which means I'm looking at more than one time through the program! :wink:
  • AngDenSti
    AngDenSti Posts: 184
    Options
    I'm so excited to see our group growing!!! Welcome everybody!!
  • spleasan24
    spleasan24 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    HI Everyone,

My name is Sherry. 32 year old, married last year. Want to achive the best body of my life before I start having kids. Big beachbody fan. I completed insanity last year and have been doing a modified T25, turbo fire, Jillian Michaels routine since then. Always was interested in P90 but didn't like the long weight workouts. So happy they changed it up with 3. My goal for 2014 is to make my workouts harder thinking P90 and tony can help me with that goal :) Starting the program on day 2 tomorrow (very excited)

Please send me a friend request. I use my iphone app more than the website and would love some extra motivation by seeing you guys log your workouts in!

Good Luck Everyone! Bring it!
  • sahill314
    sahill314 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    add me i started on monday will be doing the doubles schedule username sahill314. going on high fat low carb diet
  • djwr4
    djwr4 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

My name is Julie and I'm 44 yrs old. I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 25 yrs and we have 3 amazing kids 20, 17 and 12. I work full time as a Nurse Manger in a Fetal Care Center and I am back in grad school. I also became a runner late in life. I started running when I turned 40 and I have completed 6 half marathons and have my 7th scheduled for April. Life is busy, but very rewarding! I started P90X3 on Jan 6th! I have hit the play button 9 days in a row now!! :) Really loving the program. I did before pics for the 1st time and I can’t wait to see the results at the 30, 60 and 90 day mark! Glad I found this group for the support and tips! :smile:
  • amber6108
    amber6108 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm Amber, I live in Colorado. I sit at a desk alllll day and go home and do not a whole lot. I am getting married in 4 1/2 months with my first dress fitting in March (less than 90 days but this is a start). I need all the motivation I can get. I have a really hard time working out day after day. I don't have much weight to lose I'm just looking to tone and build some muscle. I just ordered my P90X3 today so I won't be starting until next week 01/20/14. Wish I could start today!
  • Devasation
    Devasation Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hello folks:

I hope it's alright if I join, considering I'm not doing P90X3. I did a week of it, but I had a choice: shorter workouts, so I had to cut even more calories to stay at my current weight, or choose a program with longer workouts. I went with the latter option, so I'm in my 3rd week of P90X2.

A little background with my experience with P90X/Beachbody programs.

Started 2013 at approximately 180 pounds (all time high was 200 pounds back in 2009 or so). During 2013, I've completed two full rounds of P90X, one full round of a P90X/Insanity hybrid, and the first month of another hybrid round. I'm now at 147 pounds. (No worries, not a beachbody coach).

I was ready for a change, so did a week of X3, then went on to X2, and I'm absolutely loving it.

Best of luck on all your fitness journeys. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • joliemoraitis
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Jolie and I am a 39 year old mother of 3 kids (11,16 &20). I was in decent shape about 3 years ago with my ideal weight. However, divorce and remarriage caused me to gain 30 pounds in the last few years. I go to the gym a few times a week, but can never seem to loose the weight. So now I am watching my calorie intake and waiting for my P90x3 to come in the mail (hopefully by Thursday). I hope to follow this program to the T and loose this weight, as well as become more toned. I want to look and feel great for my 40th Bday!!!! Best of luck to you all and it's an inspiration to read through the posts to know I'm not alone.
  • brainfreeze411
    brainfreeze411 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Josh. I'm 32 years old and live in the Houston area with my wife and 3 kids (7,3,4 months). I work as an IT Consultant and basically sit in front of a computer working all day. I started my journey around Easter last year at an all time high of 252lbs. I've had people tell me I "carry it" well but I certainly don't feel like it. I just got the P90x3 system for XMas and started the workouts yesterday to try to change things for the better. I had tried to do the original P90x but could only ever make it through a week or so before life pulled me away again. This time I hope the new shorter 30 minute workouts will be easier to fit in and stick to.
  • drgca
    drgca Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi all!

I am so happy that this group exists so that I have some people to share the P90 journey!

I am 41, a mom and wife with a very busy and unpredictable work schedule. My metabolism has definitely slowed over the past 5 years or so and I have found the only way I can manage my weight is to not only eat clean but I must workout....easier said than done!

I am very excited about the P90X3 - just started today and really enjoyed Total Synergistics. I have a great partner in my husband who works out with me! We did the P90X program together in 2012 and loved it! Both got great results but were not able to keep up with the time committment so that fell away. I have since done JM Body Revolution which I also really enjoyed and got good results. That was easier to manage because the workouts were about 30minutes...sadly, I lost my motivation after finishing the program and have put on some pounds...again :(

So now we are back with Tony - only 30 minutes this time....so exciting.

Overall my goals are for general health and fitness...that said if I could loose about 25-30lbs I would be totally psyched!! I know I can do it if I stick with the program and keep eating clean. The real challenge for me is maintenece :p

Looking forward to spending the next 90 days hearing all of your adventures in fitness!
    G
  • kzeug
    kzeug Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello from da U.P. Eh!

Umm...I really don't talk like that, but I couldn't resist. I'm Kelsey and I'm a 28-year-old mom of three girls, 6, 4, and 9 months. I've been married to my best friend for almost 8 years. I graduated in Dec. 2012 while pregnant with my third baby with a degree in Health Information. I accepted a position with a local HMO company this last Sept. so as you can imagine, it was a huge change for my family. It also affected my workouts.

My husband has completed P90X and has time and time again asked me to do it with him, but I never would. I can't stand working out for longer than 40-45 min. Anything past that and I get inpatient and bored. When we found out that there was a P90X coming out with only 30 min workouts or so, I was excited. It was my idea to order it and it will be here next week. I can't wait to be able to do this with my husband. I have about 5-8 more lbs. I'd like to lose.
  • AJMonroe1161
    AJMonroe1161 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My name is Alan. I live in northern Minnesota, and work as a certified pharmacy tech for the local hospital. I have completed P90X twice, the 2nd time was on my 50th birthday. Last winter I started P90X for the third time, but left on vacation only 2/3 through it. When we got back - I slacked off both on working out and on my eating habits - it got bad over summer - consuming whatever I wanted to eat, and drinking beer, margaritas, and such. We put in a pool last summer, and it made it too easy to just float around. Should have been doing laps!! In short I gained back most of what I had lost previously. By Christmas 2013 I was having problems even fitting into the clothes I had saved from before I lost the weight (it's hard to throw out decent jeans).

I started P90X3 on Jan. 6, and so far it's working! I've been doing my best to eat clean. I've dropped 10 pounds since Christmas, 3 of those pounds in the last week. On day 2 of week 2 and I already feel tremendously better! I started tracking with MFP to make sure I was keeping in line with my eating goals, and the recommendations in the Beachbody fitness guide. Happy to be in this group for even more accountability!
  • karimlakhani
    karimlakhani Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Karim from Chicago. I work in IT. Over the past year I gained ~45 lbs. I'm ~250 lbs now. Plus I stopped exercising and got out of shape.

I'm really enjoying P90X3 so far. I find the hardest part is to start the workout, but once I am into it, it's fun and flies by.
  • JustT1m
    JustT1m Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Tim. I work in IT and have weighed in at 225 lbs before I started P90x. I did one and half rounds of P90x got down to about 205. Now I am doing Body Beast with P90x3. I have a wedding to come up and I want to look sexy as hell for my honeymoon.
  • badbull69
    badbull69 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hello all, Im David. I live near Cleveland Ohio. I'm 44 turning 45 this year, no kids, but do have a girlfriend. I work for the government during the day and teach Karate at night (2nd degree black belt). She has twin 18 yr. old daughters and a 17 yr. son. We have two dogs, Nina-box pit mix and Karma-pure breed boxer.

I used to be a coach, my first experience with Beachbody products, was P90X. I loved it, but it definitely was a little time consuming. Since then I have acquired Turbo Fire, Insanity, T25 and Body Beast. I must say Body Beast I loved the most, Im not a huge cardio lover person. Im in my 3rd week of P90X3 and loving it. I love the intensity and the short time of the workouts. I bought a heart monitor/calorie burner watch and was shocked that 30 mins. after a few workouts I was up to 1000 ca. burned. I hope to see great success from this group.

If anybody wishes to add me, go right ahead.

Bring your best and forget the rest!
  • melissawiltrout
    melissawiltrout Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm just starting today! I'm super excited to see how this goes. I'm 28 with 3 amaizing daughters and a full time job but by the end of the 90 days it will be a week before my 29th birthday and I would being healthy and fit would be the best gift I could give myself. I enjoyed P90X but I just didn't have the time to dedicate to it but now that it's 30 minutes I have no excuses!
  • zsgreenwell
    zsgreenwell Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are doing P90x3. I did P90X before I got married (about 30 days of it). I weighed about 230 and am down to 224 now. We want to lose some inches in our mid areas, we both are not happy with our appearances. My Goal is to get at least to 180 but would like to be at 170. My plan is to do P90x3 Classic then do the Lean version, then if I have gotten down to my goal go back again and do the Mass version.

I am not offering any excuses this time. My wife and I are even bringing it with us on vacation, we are very serious about this and how important it is to us. With the program being 30 minutes it makes it fit into our busy lives very easily.

My biggest problem has to be that I work in IT and sit at a desk all day so I don't burn nearly as many calories as I used to. I have cut back on how much I eat out drastically in the last two weeks and what I eat. We aren't necessarily following Tony's plan, but are eating low Carbs, high protein.
  • zsgreenwell
    zsgreenwell Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hello folks:

I hope it's alright if I join, considering I'm not doing P90X3. I did a week of it, but I had a choice: shorter workouts, so I had to cut even more calories to stay at my current weight, or choose a program with longer workouts. I went with the latter option, so I'm in my 3rd week of P90X2.

A little background with my experience with P90X/Beachbody programs.

Started 2013 at approximately 180 pounds (all time high was 200 pounds back in 2009 or so). During 2013, I've completed two full rounds of P90X, one full round of a P90X/Insanity hybrid, and the first month of another hybrid round. I'm now at 147 pounds. (No worries, not a beachbody coach).

I was ready for a change, so did a week of X3, then went on to X2, and I'm absolutely loving it.

Best of luck on all your fitness journeys. Feel free to add me if you like.

I heard X2 was a beast. Good luck!
  • guerin
    guerin Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. New to the group.

I'm Dimitris from Greece, 41 years old. Started P90X3 2 weeks ago but unfortunately haven't had any good results as I did not watch what I ate. Was thinking of restarting, but decided to start with week 3 and log my food and take it from here. I weighed myself at 83 kg today from 80 in the beginning of December. I am also running (have done 2 marathons, 6 half marathons and a bunch of 10k). Should be ripped by now with all the activity but wasn't taking care of my diet. This is about to change.