Week 5: Mini goals

Options
kawookie
kawookie Posts: 813 Member
Please update us on how you did with your last week's goals (if applicable), and tell us your mini-goals (achievable, discrete things) for this week.

Replies

• kawookie
    Options
    Mini goals 9/21-9/27
    1. Do strength training at least twice - I only got it in once this week so it's half a victory.
    2. Continue following the 30 day plan for week 4 (rearrange workouts order if needed) Yes
    3. Write Christmas letter and get it in the mail! I drafted a new years letter but it still needs to be finalized and I need to get New Year's cards :blushing:

Mini goals 9/28-1/4
    1. Not to get discouraged by the scale
    2. Finish December strong by exercising everyday
    3. Take measurements as I may be gaining muscle!
  • IrisRoseGingersnap
    IrisRoseGingersnap Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Last Week's Goals

Exercise 4 times this week: likely Mon, Thu, Fri, Sat. Yes, to the letter.

Stay within my calorie goals except for Christmas Day. Almost. I also went over on Sunday which was our Christmas lunch with my wife's family: Indian food and then back to the cookie feast at home. But I managed to keep it under on Christmas eve.

Track everything I eat. Yes! Tracking our Christmas brunch was a feat!

Reduce calorie goals by 250 on Dec 26th. Coming out of maintenance.Yes. I'm kind of happy to see the excess go.

This week's goals;

Exercise five days this week. Ripped in 30 is the plan.

Stay under calorie goal every day this week.

Return weekly calorie deficit to 500 on Jan 2nd.

Only eat home cooking.
  • IrisRoseGingersnap
    Options
    Kawookie, what is the 30-day plan you are following/?
  • kawookie
    Options
    I was doing a Walk Plan with Leslie Sansone. It was a combo of Four big miles, Five big miles and the 30 day walk it off DVDs.

I have a few more days of it left and then I will need to pick something new for January. I have Jillian's Ripped, but I'm not sure if I'm ready for it or not. Maybe I should try it?
  • IrisRoseGingersnap
    Options
    Just finished Day 1 of Ripped; it wasn't so bad. I think I need to sit down and finish watching the whole dvd so I am more confident in doing the moves. After doing mostly Leslie Sansone dvds for the past four or so months, I found the Jillian Michaels refreshingly challenging, though we've been trying some new Leslies like the HIIT training one that uses intervals and a strength training one called Walk the Walk that really kicked our butts last Saturday. I tend to like falling into a routine and just sticking to it, but I think it's also good for me to try new things and change things up.
  • renewondergem
    Options
    eat clean for an entire week (7 days) and work out 3 times! time to get below the 106.5 kg mark.

I've been 106,5 for a short while, about 5 years ago, and then gained back up to 128 kg.

the 106,5 is quite the mental barrier for me, and breaking it this month would mean a lot and will motivate me! :)
  • Vex3521
    Vex3521 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Goals this week,
    -keep logging
    -Stay on track especially now that I adjusted my macros and am feeling less run down... I was WAY under where I should be so that coupled with not enough sleep (graveyard shift + kids + husband + house + appointments) was killing me.
    -Try to find more nap times to increase a little sleep (if anyone is a schedule guru please pm me if you think you can help) before my schedule really does kill me
    workout wise, if possible hit the gym today (massive snow incoming) and if not, bodyweight sets to the advantage here + shoveling snow!