msleelee35
msleelee35 Posts: 14 Member
Hello, I just found this support group and so glad that I did. I'm 2 weeks post opt and can use all of the support I can get. No issues to report yet. I have my 1st post op visit in a couple of days. I guess I'll be moving on to stage 3 which I'm glad. Not because I'm hungry but I've gotten so bored with the liquid diet, I find myself not wanting to drink anything because of the repetition which I know isn't good. Just need some variety. Anyway, glad to be a part of this group.

Replies

• I had my surgery on December 4th so I am almost a month out now. I understand exactly what you are saying. I was having a really hard time the last couple of weeks. I couldn't hardly drink any protein because the thought of it made me nauseous. I'm much better now that I can eat mushy food. :tongue:
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Feel free to add me, I have open diary. I had VSG 11/20/13 and I have lost 40 lbs. Understand about the liquids, I still struggle to get the 64 oz in per day. The appeal of the protein shake has definitely dimmed LoL. Watch out for chicken no matter how much you chew it it still often mats and gets stuck. Many people in my support group reported the same thing. Tuna salad and salmon salad replaced chicken salad for most of us. Believe it or not ground beef gave me far less trouble in the beginning. I am still at the point where I like all my meat ground.