getting started

Options
Lynn1098
Lynn1098 Posts: 13 Member
Hi team!

Jenn and I thought we could start by picking a 12 week goal (or goals), and maybe a weekly mini goal. We could start a topic for each weekly goal, and then check in at least once a week (or every day, if you like). And then anyone can start a new topic for nutrition, recipes, fitness, ranting, whatever.

Personally, I want to set a goal for fitness minutes (I'm starting with 300 minutes/week, or 30 minutes a day with one rest day. But I might make that a bit more challenging next month, if I do well.)

Nutrition goal, to keep track of what I'm eating and stop snacking mindlessly. (I'm aiming for 1500 calories per day, averaged over the week.)

Weight goal, I have a larger long-term goal (which I will keep to myself for now), but I'm aiming for 15lbs over the next 12 weeks (1.25 lbs per week).

Hurrah for 2014!
-ang

Replies

• jennalor
    jennalor Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I think those are great goals. I'm aiming for 3 gym workouts per week ( weights ) and 30 mins of cardio per week. I believe this is a reasonable starting place for me ( plus I despise cardio ). Also a mini weight loss goal of 8 lbs by Feb 2nd ( the day before I leave for vacation ).

Also a goal of tracking what I eat, all the time, regardless if I go over. If you choose to track with My Fitness Pal you can change your settings so people can't see whats in your food diary just that you tracked and if you were under. So don't be paranoid about people looking. BUT if you want accountability keeping it open to your friends is a great way to utilize peer pressure to your advantage LOL

A few of us also talked about a monthly outing that is fitness or health related. It could be snowshoeing, hiking, a healthy cooking class, whatever strikes our fancy!
  • ballantrae16
    ballantrae16 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for 3 workouts minimum per week, any more than that will be a bonus, as I don't exercise now. I'll limit them to 30 minutes at the start but have every intention to increase the time to 45 by March.

Any vegetarian receipes are welcome as I eat healthy now, just my portion sizes are too big. I'm looking for variety in foods and meal ideas.

Like Angela I'll be keeping my weight to myself but I have a long term goal of 30 lbs. Short term is making exercise a priority as I have a huge problem with excuses (tired, no time, hungry...).

Here's to a slimmer 2014
  • jennalor
    jennalor Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    If you go on the message boards there is a recipe forum with tonnes of recipes. skinnytaste.com and spark people have some good ones as well.